Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
2015 is Howden Ganley, 2016 is Porsche.
Thanks for the clarification of the dates.

Porsches are too common and too similar for me. Ferrari has an attraction that few other marques can emulate. Porsche only did F1 in the 1.5 litre formula from 1961 - 1966 and only produced two car models. One (slow) four cylinder ex F2 car and one 8 cylinder. I think they won just one F1 race, but happy to be corrected.
....umm, there's a bit more to motor racing than just F1.

Sorry Powder, but it is easy enough to watch the cars and races you want over a three day period. Eight races a day? Boring. Very boring. You hike to one part of the track then have to hike back again 8 times to fill in the day? I think not.
On my previous visits to the Festivals I've probably only watched 3 or 4 races per day and spent the rest of the time in the paddock talking to people, so it seemed to me that a full race programme was wasted on me. But thinking about it a bit more, having the noise of racing going on adds to the atmosphere, even if I'm not actually watching the race. So, yeah, keep the programme as it is.

I haven't yet been to Highland Park but at 4.1kms long, much of it is out of sight altogether...
And they're bidding for the NZGP to be moved there! If Motorsport NZ give them the race then I'll know they're not fit to run the sport in this country.

Might just as well speed group the cars and send 45 cars out for a tour and let us see 400 different cars. (Only kidding...)
Hey good idea, you should start a race series.

Monaco Historics 2012, ......I'd never ever go back.
Le Mans Classic is the one for me. Dozens of vantage points, open pits, fantastic cars from all ages.

The HD Festival may not be perfect, but I'd rather spectate there than Pukekohe - or Monaco.
Agreed, excellent venue and event, and long may it continue (phew back on topic at last).

Malcolm