Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Festival of Motor Racing (2014)

New Zealand Festival of Motor Racing (2014)

Time for a new FMR thread (hope that's ok Steve).

I have to say I can't wait to drag out my Roaring Season T for the Ferrari Festival. And thank you in advance to those on this site who will be racing / helping to make it another great event for us mere spectators.

Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Shoreboy57 View Post
    Time for a new FMR thread (hope that's ok Steve).

I have to say I can't wait to drag out my Roaring Season T for the Ferrari Festival. And thank you in advance to those on this site who will be racing / helping to make it another great event for us mere spectators.

Lindsay

Make sure you come and catch up, most time will be in F5000 pit 3
    Goes for every one, look forward to catch up.

Grimme

Thanks Lindsay, I was wondering when someone was going to start this thread. Hopefully members will post up images and info of the event as it takes place.

These threads are always the place to come to to see what happened at any historic event. We get the best action shots of the cars involved and results long before they appear elsewhere. The only place to come to keep us up to date.

I'll be on media duties again this year, lanky joker clad in hi vis with a big straw panama hat on! Come say g'day if you want or accost me for some shots of your car if it's out there!

Cheers, Richy

I'm in yellow Crossle FF #32

I'll be wandering around with a camera - and chatting... Not sure what days yet, but definitely Friday.

May even wheel the Marcos around into the paddock car park as long as it is dry. (Electric window mechanism has failed and is beyond repair!)

Entry lists anywhere for FMR?

This is the list for HMC and HSC groups. Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Semi-Pro Racer
    Hmmm, looks like it might have been a very good year to be selling standard stroke cranks & virgin 4" bore blocks this off season, or is it situation normal & everyone telling porkies as usual.., C'mon Dale, fess up!

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    I'll be wandering around with a camera - and chatting... Not sure what days yet, but definitely Friday.

May even wheel the Marcos around into the paddock car park as long as it is dry. (Electric window mechanism has failed and is beyond repair!)

you will be all good, weather going to be a scorcher, so lets see the car (and you of coarse)

Steve Elliott's 68 A-Sedan Camaro loaded up and ready to go!! Dale M

The Festival of Motor Racing is also about our great motorsport legends along with the cars they raced. This event we'll be blessed with 1964 NZ Saloon Car Champion "Kerry Grant" and ace mechanic to Paul Fahey and others "Ray Stone" these guys will be in the HMC marque so come along for a chat and make them welcome. Our own Steve Holmes has done a fantastic job of these give away posters.

Kerry will only be available the 2nd event Sunday 26th

Also along will be Leo Leonard, Dennis Marwood and Paul Fahey.

Dale M

Will make sure I get mine and signatures of those on hand.

This has been asked on this post before, but is there an entry list for the whole event available.
    In Australia most organizers post an entry list and event schedule in the week leading up to the event.
    If that's not possible is there a results website we can look up to see who did what to who during the racing?
    Travelling across the ditch for the second weekend, so see you then.

Often, entry lists are not published in advance as this can detrimentally affect programme sales. Lists at some events are also copyright, so it is up to the organisers. There are advantages and disadvantages of each system. Dale has posted his class above.

As for results, I'm not sure whether or not the AMB transponders are essential for this meeting, but I would imagine they will be published..

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events?sport=Car&country=NZ

Unfortunately, results tend to just show the drivers' name rather than car, which is a bit frustrating unless you know exactly who is driving what, particularly when transponders can be swapped between cars.

Programme of Events

-Both weekends of the Ferrari Festival to be held from Friday 17th until Sunday 19th January, and Friday 24th until Sunday 26th January 2014 will see racing on the track at Hampton Downs Motorsport Park. See details about Hampton Downs on this Festival website under the Drop-down menu 'The Venue'.

- There will be 9 classes of cars on track for each weekend of the Festival. The following 7 classes will race both weekends :

1. Ferrari Owners Club parade

2. F5000 & F1

3. Historic Muscle Cars

4. Heritage Touring Cars

5. Pre 78 Historic Saloons

6. Pre 78 & Invited Sports, Sports Racing & GT cars

7. Pre 85 Historic Allcomers & Sports Sedans

Additional classes - 1st weekend

8a. BMW Open class

9a. Classic Trials

10a. Historic Formula Fords

Additional Classes 2nd weekend

8b BMW E30s

9b. FJ/F3 & Invited Historics

10b. Historic Formula Libre
    Last edited by ERC; 01-16-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Just saw 3 Ferrari's travelling in tandem down the Auckland Sothern motorway - at least one looked like an F40, then a Morgan and an early 911.

I got a tingly feeling....

The closer we get to NZFMR the fewer TRS posts it seems. Glad to know everyone is focused on getting ready #Priorities!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoreboy57 View Post
    The closer we get to NZFMR the fewer TRS posts it seems. Glad to know everyone is focused on getting ready #Priorities!
    Sure are.
    I'm having a nana-nap this arvo so I can leave Palmy about midnight to drive up overnight to spend the day there tomorrow, then back to Palmy tomorrow afternoon...probably with sore ears after seeing and hearing my first ever Formula 1 car

F1 cars have run in NZ before including the McLaren and the Amon Crunch!

Huge interest in the F1 Ferraris from the media though - and a pretty good crowd for a Friday.

Weather wasn't so good first thing but it did brighten up. A few comments and issues with the class structure and the overall level of entries which may need to be addressed.

Name:  214_0117_111b.JPG
Views: 1244
Size:  168.9 KB
    Last edited by ERC; 01-17-2014 at 04:03 AM.