I'm splitting Ken's collection into three fairly distinct parts; The 1973 British Grand Prix, the 1975 Long Beach Grand Prix, and various New Zealand photos Ken took before heading overseas, and during return visits.

The 1975 Long Beach GP was held for Formula A (Formula 5000) cars, and Ken did well to keep the programme, because the entry list is just amazing! Check out some of the names in the entry list: Tom Pryce, Jody Scheckter, David Hobbs, Graham McRae, George Follmer, Al Unser, Chris Amon, Jackie Oliver, Brian Redman, Mario Andretti, David Hobbs, Vern Schuppan,, Warwick Brown etc. Pretty staggering really.

Ken was there with the Theodore Racing Team, with Tony Brise as driver. Few had heard of Brise, but he proved the star of the show, heading all the super-stars before being forced to stop with a broken driveshaft.

Here is Ken's recollection: "I scanned these photos at work of my weekend at Long Beach where I assisted my friend Graham Donaldson (from Rotorua) on the Theodore Racing Team along with Julian Randles, Sid Taylor and the amazing Teddy Yip and Janet Brise. Tony Brise was an unknown driver before the weekend but was the hero of the day after dropping out while well in the lead with another broken driveshaft (2nd time that weekend). Graham Hill was fun to be around and he was so enthused about Tony".

Name:  2136_001.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  158.4 KB