Thread: Photos: The Ken Hyndman Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    On another thread I looked up some information about Jody Scheckter and that reminded me of how this thread started with the 1973 British Grand Prix where I had been sent by my boss at Trojan Racing to deliver some Hewland components to Sid Taylor for his Trojan F 5000 T101 that Jody was driving in the 1973 US F5000 Championship.
    At Silverstone, Scheckter was the exciting new driver for the McLaren Team in his M23/03 # 30. I arrived on practice day and all was well and the next day he triggered a massive crash and was a villain that every other team manager wanted to "scalp"! I got to stand above the pit area and took some photos that I wanted to show again as my thoughts go out to Jody and his family at the recent loss of his 21 year old daughter due to various sad issues.

Name:  1973 Silverstone..jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  180.5 KB
    I stood in the gallery above the pits and I was just out of view of this photo to the right.

Name:  1973 British GP..jpg
Views: 920
Size:  179.8 KB
    (Ken Hyndman photo.)
    Practice day at Silverstone. 1973. Phil Kerr,(L) Jody Scheckter getting suggestions from Jackie Stewart.
    One day later Scheckter caused his infamous crash right along the wall and track in the background !
    Check my photo and see the photo from the Motor Magazine.
    Name:  Jody 73britgp_schstew.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  187.2 KB

Do read this coverage of the 1973 British GP.
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...ntous-occasion

Name:  Jody%20at%20the%201973%20British%20GP.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  146.3 KB
    Sid Taylor (L) and Jody Scheckter(R) watch Jackie Stewart drive into the Silverstone pits. July 1973.
    (Ken Hyndman photo.)
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 12-23-2019 at 09:22 PM.