Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anderson's Farm , Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Great photo's Bob !
    Thanks for posting. Interesting to see the condition of the roads in your particular era of competition. Love the Anglia. 35.9 is a hell of a time !
    I'm unsure when Anderson's Farm ceased being used by car clubs but I'm thinking it was in the late 80's / early 90's.
    I would love to know what the course record finally ended at ?
    Looked back through my book I kept for that period out of interest ,and it looks like the first time I got the record was 37.7 ,then 37.2 .next time it was a 36.4 ,then the last time was a 35.9 ,all on different days over a period from October 69 to March 70 ,had another day in that period as well ,it had rained and the track was not as good still managed a 37.0

A few months back was staying with friends at their beach property at Scotts Landing /Mahurangi. They like entertaining and regularly invite all the locals for meals etc,they are not into motorsport really but one of their neighbours came for dinner and it was Bruce Anderson................never met him in the flesh but that was no problem as we had a common interest.....well we had a great night talking about his cars/family and Andersons farm and how it came about while the prison nearby was being built.Bored the socks off our friends for sure.Then the next night they had another local for a BBQ and he turned out to have raced bikes at Western Springs......another boring night for our friends !!!

Ross

I have sent you a PM.

Milan

Hi Milan, Got that thanks,no problem ,will get onto it asap. Ross

Journeyman Racer
    Hey Ross , did yours or any of the other Minimax's survive the years ?

Jeff, as I was told by the builder of the Minimax (who sometimes comes on here) there was only one Minimax, and a later owner told me that it became reinforcing for a driveway. Sad huh?

Journeyman Racer
    Arrgh ! a tragedy.
    Thanks for the update

The story as i Know it ,I sold it to a guy who i think was called Dennis Samson but i stand corrected there.Many years ago i had a desire to trace it and restore it,i got as far as Nelson where i was told that it had finished up in the tip after i presume being stripped,the Triumph Bonniville motor would have been worth saving along with the Burnham Gearbox [probably wrong spelling]all that was retained was the steering wheel........of course that would be all you would need today for a full restoration, [just joking].I had lots and lots of photos of the car when i completly stripped it at the end of one season....alas these were all lost along with all my slides and photos of south island race circuits taken in the 60,s while i was in the RNZAF,we had an old house we restored and they got destroyed by damp and mold.Very sad to say the least,i photgraphed the whole strip down so i could put it all back together again .!!!!

Thanks Ross, that's a Burman box.

Jeff's questions - Andersons Farm Hill Climb ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Great photo's Bob !
    Thanks for posting. Interesting to see the condition of the roads in your particular era of competition. Love the Anglia. 35.9 is a hell of a time !
    I'm unsure when Anderson's Farm ceased being used by car clubs but I'm thinking it was in the late 80's / early 90's.
    I would love to know what the course record finally ended at ?
    Ken H, alerted me to this thread, which I had not visited before..
    I thought that the Auckland University Car Club used it and was their event in the Bardahl Series in the 1970's into the early 1980's, which means I may [memory not clear ] have run on it in the 1979/80 Bardahl Series in my Triumph TR4, running for Triumph Car Club..

Would like to know the answer to Jeff's questions myself ;
    - " I'm unsure when Anderson's Farm ceased being used by car clubs ? "
    - " I would love to know what the course record finally ended at ? "...

the question were asked in January [ 28th ] 2014, !!

Can anyone assist ???

Cheers

Roger

PS,this was the Triumph ; on another of the Bardahl Series events, ACC's run at McLaughlins Rd, near Kaukapakapa.

Name:  My Cars #130 TR4A, Bardahl Hillclimb 79 - 80 series CCI14072015.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  133.5 KB