Thread: The first race meeting I attended was....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    Well; I am so much younger than you guys, I remember seeing stuff in colour, not Black & White!!
    Motorsport in general was Cemetery Circuit Wanganui (without the H back then) about 1970....and cars was Manfield about 1973or 4 and the F5000's of Lawerence and a Tasmanian dude racing side by side lap after lap. Super exciting as they were passing each other as they went into Dunlop
    Wow!...sometimes it is just weird how stuff happens. I was down visiting my parents yesterday. They still live in the house I was born in. So I was walking past my old bedroom and somehow noticed a sticker that as a youngster I had applied to the back of my bedroom door so my mum couldn't see it and tell me off! She did a huge spin-out when I attached a few to the wallpaper before this...so I had learnt my lesson. Anyway; the sticker is a rectangle with a black backround and bold yellow lettering with smaller white lettering giving additional info. I remember as a kid thinking that it was a mite boring to look at but now when I read the 4 simple letters and 4 simple numbers, they evoke a passion and excitement that strangely takes me back to my boyhood.....incredible!

Oh;...the four simple letters and numbers???.....POSB and 5000

As I recall The Mount circuit was two long parallel straights and two short straights which formed the circuit, so four right hand 90 degree turns.