Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
From where I have escaped to the other side of the world, the TRS series appears to be a very popular event for hungry drivers wanting to get track miles in single seaters before contesting major series in the northern hemisphere summer. There is surely room for both the historic races and the TRS series down-under and both get great write-ups in the international motorsport press. And it must be better having TRS cars racing for the NZGP trophy than Formula Fords, no disrespect to that class either. As far as spectating goes, I'm on your side Custaxie50, I attend historic racing in North America regularly, occasionally an Indy race just because Scott Dixon is there and I can wave the Kiwi flag (with the silver fern, another topic for discussion...).
The grids for TRS are as big as (or bigger than) I can recall seeing for the 5000s or Pacifics at Wigram, and the racing closer and more frenetic. As long as the racing is exciting, then I love 'em all - muscle cars, TRS, V8s, FFs at their best.

(Apologies for hijacking the SKOPE thread with pics from the public spectator area at the Pukekohe V8s)