Thread: SKOPE & SFOS meetings @ ChCh, Levels,& Teretonga - Photo Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ERC, Quick solutions for you. (a) send wife on cruise. (b) then escape with you mates both old and new to the South island and hire a camper van (c) starting at Ruapuna camp at the circuits during the meetings and catch up with like minded people (d) Spend time to look at the post earthquake Chch and absorb what has happened and how people are rebuilding their lives. (e) visit inland Sth Canterbury/Mt Cook and catch a salmon (f) take in the Timaru meeting then head south via the Catlins (g) take in Teretonga (h) after a day or so on Stewart Island and enjoying fresh Blue Cod travel back north via Tuatapere, Manapouri including taking in trip to the west arm power station, them Milford Sound taking an early morning cruise, Queenstown, Haast and back up the coast via the glaciers etc then over Arthurs Pass and drop the camper off at Chch before flying back north.(i) on your arrival home mow the lawns and tidy the house before going to pick the wife up as she returns from her cruise and ask her if she enjoyed herself having a girls month away.

Photos, yes you can get quite close to the action at all circuits to the point that at Timaru there are positions built into the safety fence where you can take shots unobstructed by wires or barriers. Pit access is excellent at all circuits and until you have tried Teretonga Tasties as made by the wives and girlfriends who make up the ladies committee you have not lived in a motorsport world

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Pit access is excellent at all circuits and until you have tried Teretonga Tasties as made by the wives and girlfriends who make up the ladies committee you have not lived in a motorsport world
    Oh;...my mistake...I thought the sign Teretonga Tasties referred to the ladies serving....

Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    Oh;...my mistake...I thought the sign Teretonga Tasties referred to the ladies serving....
    No Crunch, they are the Teretonga Tasties tarts hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    ERC, Quick solutions for you. (a) send wife on cruise. (b) then escape with you mates both old and new

Photos, yes you can get quite close to the action at all circuits to the point that at Timaru there are positions built into the safety fence where you can take shots unobstructed by wires or barriers.
    Thanks Carlo!!! Am I the only one on here who actually likes his wife? She'd hate to go on what you might call a ladies' escape. She wouldn't even consider a girls' weekend let alone cruise. We are very happy spending time together. Having already done several items on your list anyway and what I haven't, generally, doesn't really appeal that much anyway - sorry! (I have never fished, don't want to fish so zero appeal there.) You tried hard Carlo but you can't win them all...

As AMCO says, you are forgetting about the car. I'd probably consider flying down and back as a spectator if I really thought it was worth it and I could get a decent air fare in advance, but I have been going to race tracks, hill climbs, sprints and various other events since 1951 and since 1970, involved heavily enough in motorsport to have experienced a fair bit - not just on both sides of the fence but the organisational side too, so I think I have lived in as much of a motorsport world as most.

Only the Goodwood Revival Race meeting ticks ALL the boxes nowadays and at my age, I can afford to be very, very picky!