Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SKOPE & SFOS meetings @ ChCh, Levels,& Teretonga - Photo Thread.

Formula 5000

A few more
    Name:  3T6A1526.JPG
Views: 1152
Size:  162.4 KBName:  3T6A1527.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  179.1 KBName:  3T6A1528.JPG
Views: 1104
Size:  155.4 KBName:  3T6A1534.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  163.0 KBName:  3T6A1531.JPG
Views: 928
Size:  167.0 KBName:  3T6A1552.JPG
Views: 937
Size:  170.3 KB
    Last edited by 4cam; 02-08-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Great pics, thanks

And some muscle carsName:  3T6A1346.JPG
Views: 984
Size:  174.4 KBName:  3T6A1349.JPG
Views: 896
Size:  159.6 KBName:  3T6A1392 A.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  155.4 KBName:  3T6A1401.JPG
Views: 943
Size:  144.9 KBName:  3T6A1408.JPG
Size:  145.8 KBName:  3T6A1415.JPG
Views: 921
Size:  158.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 4cam View Post
    And some muscle carsName:  3T6A1346.JPG
Views: 984
Size:  174.4 KBName:  3T6A1349.JPG
Views: 896
Size:  159.6 KBName:  3T6A1392 A.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  155.4 KBName:  3T6A1401.JPG
Size:  144.9 KBName:  3T6A1408.JPG
Size:  145.8 KBName:  3T6A1415.JPG
Views: 921
Size:  158.4 KB
    How kosha is that Camaro in Cambridge colours???

Was at manfeild friday,could not have been any more boring then seeing the cars out there, that are to run in the NZ GRAND PRIX on sunday,they had them on tv last week and today running at HD, you have to be joking for what this cup stands for is this the best we can do i dont think so.We all know what we want to see cars that are in the photos above.
    Last edited by CUSTAXIE50; 02-08-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Is Dr John's Torana the same car as he raced previously, the orange one, or is this a different car?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Going by Levels results on MyLaps there seems to be a lot of 'non-starters', any reason for this- attrition from Skope, incidents, COD compliance, whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Belongs to Bruce Kett outta Auckland David, built to the Central rules and a cool looking car, I luv it that he hasn't put all those big spoilers and scoops on it!! Dale M

Semi-Pro Racer
    No Compliance issues' its just about over for the weekend, sorry no photos my camera has shit itself, or seems to have battery problems, but very good racing all weekend, quite a it of mechanical attrition, could do with more of the bigger engined classes next year, our small saloons have a full grid, good support from the Rennsport Class and very good racing in the VCC and Histiric grid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Going by Levels results on MyLaps there seems to be a lot of 'non-starters', any reason for this- attrition from Skope, incidents, COD compliance, whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Was at manfeild friday,could not have been any more boring then seeing the cars out there, that are to run in the NZ GRAND PRIX on sunday,they had them on tv last week and today running at HD, you have to be joking for what this cup stands for is this the best we can do i dont think so.We all know what we want to see cars that are in the photos above.
    From where I have escaped to the other side of the world, the TRS series appears to be a very popular event for hungry drivers wanting to get track miles in single seaters before contesting major series in the northern hemisphere summer. There is surely room for both the historic races and the TRS series down-under and both get great write-ups in the international motorsport press. And it must be better having TRS cars racing for the NZGP trophy than Formula Fords, no disrespect to that class either. As far as spectating goes, I'm on your side Custaxie50, I attend historic racing in North America regularly, occasionally an Indy race just because Scott Dixon is there and I can wave the Kiwi flag (with the silver fern, another topic for discussion...).

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    From where I have escaped to the other side of the world, the TRS series appears to be a very popular event for hungry drivers wanting to get track miles in single seaters before contesting major series in the northern hemisphere summer. There is surely room for both the historic races and the TRS series down-under and both get great write-ups in the international motorsport press. And it must be better having TRS cars racing for the NZGP trophy than Formula Fords, no disrespect to that class either. As far as spectating goes, I'm on your side Custaxie50, I attend historic racing in North America regularly, occasionally an Indy race just because Scott Dixon is there and I can wave the Kiwi flag (with the silver fern, another topic for discussion...).
    The grids for TRS are as big as (or bigger than) I can recall seeing for the 5000s or Pacifics at Wigram, and the racing closer and more frenetic. As long as the racing is exciting, then I love 'em all - muscle cars, TRS, V8s, FFs at their best.

(Apologies for hijacking the SKOPE thread with pics from the public spectator area at the Pukekohe V8s)

Nice photos 4cam! Solid pans too!

Were you the gentleman out shooting at the same time as myself and Euan on the Saturday afternoon?

Cheers, Rich

This car I think is such a fantastic looking thing... yes I realise it's a replica/tribute or whatever but golly I like the look of it.

IMG_5819 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7804 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7953 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_5557 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_5584 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

Semi-Pro Racer
    Great photos, Snoozin.

[QUOTE=Snoozin;37972]This car I think is such a fantastic looking thing... yes I realise it's a replica/tribute or whatever but golly I like the look of it.

Snoozin, thanks for the pic as that's a great looking Mustang, just looking at this picture i can see great attention to detail, hopefully its not too modernized underneath? but a replica or whatever will just do as we all know the real one can never be owned, good on them for building it. Were is it based? Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 02-10-2014 at 09:58 AM.

[QUOTE=Kiwiboss;37986]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post
    This car I think is such a fantastic looking thing... yes I realise it's a replica/tribute or whatever but golly I like the look of it.

Snoozin, thanks for the pic as that's a great looking Mustang, just looking at this picture i can see great attention to detail, hopefully its not too modernized underneath? but a replica or whatever will just do as we all know the real one can never be owned, good on them for building it. Were is it based? Dale M
    Mike Small, Timaru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post

IMG_7804 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7953 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_5557 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_5584 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr
    Wow, just fantastic images Richy, thanks heaps for posting these. You are a bloody talented photographer!

Whose is that red Alfa? Its fricken beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Dave, its a cool car, and looks great in those colours, but I don't think I'd even call it a replica. I was involved with CMC when Bruce was in the early stages of building this car. We'd just been to Aus for the first time when CMC raced at the Muscle Car Masters in 2007. Several of the Kiwi CMC cars featured replica paint schemes of famous cars from the past, and the Aussie punters really took to this, and Bruce saw this and really wanted to have the Camaro painted in a tribute paint scheme.

He and I spoke about it and he said he was thinking of doing it in the colours of the Spinner Black Camaro (Lexington). I suggested if he wanted to do a tribute paint scheme he should go with something that had won a championship, such as when Spinners Camaro went to Rod Coppins and ran in the Cambridge colours. Hence he went in that direction.

Bruce's Camaro is a '68, whereas the Coppins car was a '67. Bruce runs 17" wheels, big hood scoop etc, so its not really a replica, as other than the paint scheme it doesn't really bare any similarities to the original car. But it does look fantastic, and goes like a rocket.

Cheers Steve, the sentiment is much appreciated and I'll continue to post as long as I can get to historic motorsport!

The Alfa is Lindsay O'Donnell's according to the programme, I used to pine over this car when I was a young Alfisti!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    You have to give it to America ,they know how to do motorsport and do it well.