Thread: GRAND PRIX DECISION DOWN TO THE WIRE

GRAND PRIX DECISION DOWN TO THE WIRE

Im with Chris Amon on this one at what he had to say.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Im with Chris Amon on this one at what he had to say.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-stan...ion-next-month

There are 4 circuits who made presentations to MSNZ to run the GP from 2014 for three years.
    ALL those applications are still under consideration.
    Raymond Bennett

The British F1 GP alternated between Brands hatch (south) and Silverstone (midlands) for a while and given that Mr Ecclestone isn't after a $14m bribe to take it to a different track, why not 3 years at a north island track with 1 year at a southern track, equating roughly to the population split?

There is no compelling reason to keep it at any one track.

When it’s being contested by ‘Toyota ‘ go carts , who gives a sh-- where it’s held ! Given the size of grids that we get for F5000’s then wouldn’t it be more honorable to the esteem names on the trophy to run it for a class that will attract paying spectators ? I for one, would travel to any track in the country to see a NZ Grand Prix for F5000’s.

Nice one,yes these-go carts as you have called them dont do it for me,thinking back did they not run f fords one year down south a race that had part one and part two in it because they had to stop for fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
    When it’s being contested by ‘Toyota ‘ go carts , who gives a sh-- where it’s held ! Given the size of grids that we get for F5000’s then wouldn’t it be more honorable to the esteemed names on the trophy to run it for a class that will attract paying spectators? I for one, would travel to any track in the country to see a NZ Grand Prix for F5000’s.
    Amen to that! Guaranteed full grid, plenty of noise and an equally large sized field failing to qualify = two grids! Second group running for the NZ plate!
    Brilliant Parnelli.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    The British F1 GP alternated between Brands hatch (south) and Silverstone (midlands) for a while and given that Mr Ecclestone isn't after a $14m bribe to take it to a different track, why not 3 years at a north island track with 1 year at a southern track, equating roughly to the population split?

There is no compelling reason to keep it at any one track.
    I would have thought that with only 4 Kiwi's competing in the Toyota Racing Series, with 3 of them being from the South Island and only 1 from the North Island that you would be advocating a four year cycle based on representation.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    I would have thought that with only 4 Kiwi's competing in the Toyota Racing Series, with 3 of them being from the South Island and only 1 from the North Island that you would be advocating a four year cycle based on representation.
    Don't bait him Carl, or he'll start ranting again, he has to save himself for a meeting in Auckland on the 18th of March. But will see you in the weekend, will be there on Thursday afternoon.
    Roger