Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Photos: 1985 Wellington Street Race Photos

Steve,

I made that decision on the Friday before the race as it was impossible to be in two places at once, as I had to be in Auckland to clear the car and supervise getting into the Bristol freighter, etc.

Steve, 100% bolted together Aluminum tube roll-cage.

Steve, as I have said before it was Delcourt that double stinted and took the checkered flag.

Quote Originally Posted by touringcarfan View Post
    All I know is that the Volvo was an ex works ETCC car. After Wellington the car was shipped to Oz for the 85 ATCC where Francevic finished 5th. For 86 the car was run by the Volvo Dealer Team and this was the year Robbie won the ATCC.

Anthony
    Touringcarfan,

I think you unintentionally do me a disservice in your brief comments, the deal with the Volvo dealer team was not done until after my team won the both Amaroo and Symon's Plains, I also oversaw the team AVDT right up to the second to last race at Oran park. The AVDT, inherited a well honed winning package through my teams efforts, despite this fact, John Sheppard managed to F.... it up and the whole AVDT team folded, less than one season old.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Hmmm, real name might be Carlo, no 'i', otherwise known as a Southern Man..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
    Cario,

If I knew your real name Cario, I might well need to thank you, and happy to do so.

Cheers,

Mark.

Steve, as I have said before it was Delcourt that double stinted and took the checkered flag.
    Must have been a different race that you were watching!! Robbie certainly took the chequered flag at Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Must have been a different race that you were watching!! Robbie certainly took the chequered flag at Wellington
    Not sure who you really are Frosty, maybe Dave Graham? but I would like to make a bet with you, but I wont because it would be equivalent to "taking candy from a kid" as you are 100% wrong wrong wrong!

And I might add a bit flippant with comment about me watching another race!

In fact it was Robbie who slammed the door shut on Michele, just before he gunned it out of the pits.

Cheers,

Mark.

Not sure who you really are Frosty, maybe Dave Graham? but I would like to make a bet with you, but I wont because it would be equivalent to "taking candy from a kid" as you are 100% wrong wrong wrong!

And I might add a bit flippant with comment about me watching another race!

In fact it was Robbie who slammed the door shut on Michele, just before he gunned it out of the pits.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXb1znBECGI

I caaan hardllly speeak, myy moouthh is sooo fuull offf huuummble pppie!!

Seriously i have not watched the race video for more years than I care to remember, so no wonder Robbie was so keen to have Michele double stint in the middle so that he could bring the car home.

Profuse and very sincere apologies Frosty, I was wrong. Funny how ones memory plays trick's on you which why eye witness are so notoriously unreliable.

Cheers,

Mark.

I caaan hardllly speeak, myy moouthh is sooo fuull offf huuummble pppie!!

Seriously i have not watched the race video for more years than I care to remember, so no wonder Robbie was so keen to have Michele double stint in the middle so that he could bring the car home.

Profuse and very sincere apologies Frosty, I was wrong. Funny how ones memory plays trick's on you which why eye witness are so notoriously unreliable.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Why, thank you Mark. Apologies accepted. Age is a funny thing really, I guess we all have lapses from time to time. I recall Robbie had a blistered right palm as car was LHD. But you did get one thing correct, my name!!! Great days then. And the guy who got hit with the delaminated tire at Puke asked you if he could take it home as a memento. He certainly had a good shiner and was incredibly lucky that it wasn't worse.

Cheers
    Hamburger Dave

Why, thank you Mark. Apologies accepted. Age is a funny thing really, I guess we all have lapses from time to time. I recall Robbie had a blistered right palm as car was LHD. But you did get one thing correct, my name!!! Great days then. And the guy who got hit with the delaminated tire at Puke asked you if he could take it home as a memento. He certainly had a good shiner and was incredibly lucky that it wasn't worse.

Cheers
    Hamburger Dave
    Ha Ha LOL. Hi Dave, you always liked the big juicy home made Hamburgers the girls used to make, which is why Randle nick named you "Hamburger Dave" way back in the Volvo day's

Bobi wants me to share that Utube clip so I am just about to do that.

If you are down at the last Central Muscle cars meeting at Taupo on the 2nd May, Jacko and I are going down to support Peter and Andrew Knight's new Chevy Monza that we built for them so we might catch up with you as reckon I owe you a few beers! It will be touch and go to get it finished but its in the paint shop today so should be finish painted by Wednesday and a big big weekend of work should see it all finished by early next week, then the long haul up the Island.

Cheers,

Mark.

Ha Ha LOL. Hi Dave, you always liked the big juicy home made Hamburgers the girls used to make, which is why Randle nick named you "Hamburger Dave" way back in the Volvo day's

Bobi wants me to share that Utube clip so I am just about to do that.

If you are down at the last Central Muscle cars meeting at Taupo on the 2nd May, Jacko and I are going down to support Peter and Andrew Knight's new Chevy Monza that we built for them so we might catch up with you as reckon I owe you a few beers! It will be touch and go to get it finished but its in the paint shop today so should be finish painted by Wednesday and a big big weekend of work should see it all finished by early next week, then the long haul up the Island.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Not sure if I will be able to get down there as I will be at HD (May 1) for a test day driving a MB 190E Cosworth built as close to DTM specs as time and $$$ allowed. Hoping to get it all sorted for the endurance series, time will tell.

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by Frosty5; 04-20-2015 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Grammatical

Nissan Mobil 500 Wellington Street Races

Have just been sent a few photos from one of the Nissan Mobil 500 races - not sure which year.
    Will ask the photographer [ Ian Tilley ] and post on here - all taken at the same corner, mainly.
    Ian has the programme so hopefully can get images from there too !!

More to come : Will bring the thread forward !!

Cheers

Roger

Nissan Mobil 500 Wellington Street Races

The Ian Tilley photos ;
    Have yet to confirm the year,but remember the Jaguars at Bathurst in 1985 - in fact have a 1;43 scale model of the Goss Hahne Car from Bathurst in my collection; The only non- Australian car in my Bathurst Collection - even the Cortina was a locally built version of the Cortina GT Mark One.

The photos of the crash BMW 3 series versus a Ford / Lazer - Laser !!

The Harvey Lowe Commodore squeezes through
    Name:  Nissan Mobil #011 Holden Ford BMW crash Ian Tilley (800x552) (2).jpg
Views: 317
Size:  159.1 KB

Name:  Nissan Mobil #012 Ford BMW crash Ian Tilley (800x553) (2).jpg
Views: 328
Size:  168.0 KB

An Alfa showing a bit of nose damage gets past
    Name:  Nissan Mobil #013 Alfa Ford BMW crash Ian Tilley (800x511) (2).jpg
Views: 306
Size:  158.2 KB

Another BMW drives past
    Name:  Nissan Mobil #014 BMW 635 Ford BMW crash Ian Tilley (800x518) (2).jpg
Views: 307
Size:  171.1 KB

The Jaguar driving past BMW is left and being pushed.
    Name:  Nissan Mobil #015 Jaguar XJS BMW crash Ian Tilley (800x523) (2).jpg
Views: 296
Size:  155.5 KB

The Lamont BMW in the pit area;
    Name:  Nissan Mobil #016 BMW Lamont Morton #55 Pits Ian Tilley (800x556) (2).jpg
Views: 306
Size:  177.8 KB

Those photos are from the 1987 event.

Name:  img889.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  165.0 KB

Name:  img890.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  141.6 KB

Thank you Milan,
    I have not been back to Ian Tilley yet. will note the photos for the future !!
    Cheers
    Roger