Thread: Comeback

Comeback

Hi all,

Having last raced in 1997 (Eurocar V6 at Brands Hatch) I fancy a last dabble with a little low-key classic/historic racing, before Old Father Time and Mother Nature gang up on me and tell me I can't do it any more. Have a modest budget available, so can't afford truly FAST, but would like to find something small light and nippy. Have a sentimental attraction for MG Midget (or Sprite) as that was my first race car and meets the aforementioned criteria. Would also consider something like a Toyota Starlet, Datsun 1200 Coupe or possibly a Seven variant, but have an open mind so would consider anything. Anyone have a disused race car, abandoned project or WHY? in the shed that could go to a new home?

Best wishes,

Art Markus

Quote Originally Posted by Art Markus View Post
    Hi all,

Having last raced in 1997 (Eurocar V6 at Brands Hatch) I fancy a last dabble with a little low-key classic/historic racing, before Old Father Time and Mother Nature gang up on me and tell me I can't do it any more. Have a modest budget available, so can't afford truly FAST, but would like to find something small light and nippy. Have a sentimental attraction for MG Midget (or Sprite) as that was my first race car and meets the aforementioned criteria. Would also consider something like a Toyota Starlet, Datsun 1200 Coupe or possibly a Seven variant, but have an open mind so would consider anything. Anyone have a disused race car, abandoned project or WHY? in the shed that could go to a new home?

Best wishes,

Art Markus
    Have seven variant homologated rollcage log book, road reg, etc. cheers Kev Hirst

Hi Kev,

Thanx for reply. Would like some more details (engine spec; YOM; design etc) but definitely interested. Can you email me at candamarkus@xtra.co.nz. If you include a phone number and preferred time to call I will get in touch.

Best regards,

Art

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hirst View Post
    Have seven variant homologated rollcage log book, road reg, etc. cheers Kev Hirst
    Hi, Art, did you get the info we sent you? If not give us a ring anytime on 094314889, cheers,Kev

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know we have bought a Toyota Starlet. Needs a little bit of work but looking forward to getting busy. Thanx to all who have seen this thread and taken an interest. Hope to see you at a race track sometime soon...

Best wishes,

Art Markus