Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack Inwood B&W images of 60's motor racing

The Fahey Mustang being loaded onto a Bristol Freighter

Name:  File0009 copy.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  181.9 KB

Paul Fahey Mustang

Actually I'm not sure if this is Fahey's Mustang or not. It carries the BOAC decal but the car has stripes

Name:  File0015 copy.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  166.5 KB
    Last edited by nigel watts; 06-17-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Bryan Innes Cooper S

Name:  File0020 copy.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  171.6 KB

The big bearded bloke was always there, a brace of Hasselblads slung round his neck. He shot most of his stuff on large format and the quality shines through in these images.

His library was bought by the Bruce McLaren Trust when it looked like it would go overseas.

Jim Mullins Cooper S

Name:  File0025 copy.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  169.8 KB

That's it folks - no more to load

Jack was one of the nicest people you could wish to meet. Large format certainly made a difference to his photographs, those cameras were way out of my league.

Just a tip on photos on this site, anything bigger than 750 x 750 gets chopped at the sides, the first photos I posted were 800 x 800 and they are all chopped.

Yep I noticed that - you can scroll a bit though.
    Actually that's the only downside to this forum.
    I've got zillions of images but they all need reprocessing to fit so that kind of dampens my enthusiasm a bit. We'll see.

All forums have a limit for size and space, this is unavoidable. Most are set at around 90kb - 120kb, but I set this one at 160kb. With the scroll bar, I'm trying to find a way to just have the page expand based on the image size, but this is all pretty new to me too, the site has only been running about 6 weeks.

Steve,
    I've found that it will accept up to 195Kb !!
    I've found that some sites will accept a larger image but show it at a size of about 500 on the long side but will expand to full size when you click on it. I think the NZ Hot Rod one is like that - but you have to load your images using Photobucket.
    I reckon you've done really well - there's lots of interest considering it's only been going for 6 weeks.
    Last edited by nigel watts; 06-18-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Actually I'm not sure if this is Fahey's Mustang or not. It carries the BOAC decal but the car has stripes

Plenty of pictorial proof in the Mustang and Feisst threads that Fahey's Mustang had stripes Nigel, and as you say the car has the BOAC tour signwriting in the back window, BUT I can't remember Paul in a silver Bell openface with a nomex mask, he used to wear a white helmet perched back on his head with a white chincup. BUT the car's carrying #52, half of its' regular #104....what's the go ?
    Very confusing...

The site is fantastic, I just hope the momentum continues.
    No real issue with photo size, but if you know a photo is going to get a bit chopped at a larger size, and not scroll, it helps when you are peparing photos to post. It may be ok with photos that people are posting direct to the site from their hard drive, but 750 is best from photobucket, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Plenty of pictorial proof in the Mustang and Feisst threads that Fahey's Mustang had stripes Nigel, and as you say the car has the BOAC tour signwriting in the back window, BUT I can't remember Paul in a silver Bell openface with a nomex mask, he used to wear a white helmet perched back on his head with a white chincup. BUT the car's carrying #52, half of its' regular #104....what's the go ?
    Very confusing...

Is it a 3hour 2 driver race with Jimmy Palmer at the wheel? Just a guess, as I haven't checked any references.

Does look like Jim's scone, actually ! Nice one.

The bearded fellow with the overhang was pretty imposing and his pictures really do the talking here. Top stuff and thanks for the memories Jack, legend. How good is this site already?! Looking forward to contributing but it'll be modern day ramblings of the old guys on video, hoping to interview an old GP driver in a few weeks... Will keep you posted.