Thread: Photos: The Sprague Family Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Grant,

That race that Dad won against your Dad in the GTHO, I was there hanging out the pit board with my Mum doing the timing (One of the very few times she came to a race).

I do not remember the falcon having sign writing on it like in this Photo. It was a bloody good race and my old fella was driving really well getting the XU1 all sideways off that short front straight.

Maybe this is a different race, or maybe my memory of your Dad's car has faded..................... Back then my family were not big Ford fans, and I didn't take too much notice of them.....Ha Ha!

In fact I think we really, really were not Ford fans. That changed many years later. I think there were a few things Dad did not like when I was young, Fords, mag wheels, small steering wheels, sunglasses and car trailers.

He certainly changed over the years. I got him using all of the above.

Let me say this,....your Dad was a fierce competitor, and certainly was extremely hard to beat. Undoubtedly a very talented man, both as a driver and car preparer. If the Sprague family were involved you knew you were in for the fight of you life.

That is how we first met,.........................as you know I brought my Fiat down from the North to check you out. As it turns out I should have kept my powder dry............................................Ha! I will remember next time when we return to racing as bloody old farts.

Your family certainly earned many peoples respect.
    Regards to you and family,
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Emson; 04-02-2014 at 04:07 AM.