Thread: Photos: The Sprague Family Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK, this is Ernie with his 1934/35 Alfa P3. He owned this car in the late 1950s, possibly just prior to buying the Maserati in 1957?

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 3558
Size:  163.5 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    OK, this is Ernie with his 1934/35 Alfa P3. He owned this car in the late 1950s, possibly just prior to buying the Maserati in 1957?

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 3558
Size:  163.5 KB

Ron Rutherford at Mairehau in 1953.
    Last edited by Bryan; 03-25-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

Ron Rutherford at Mairehau in 1953.
    :confused

Is Ron in the white coat Bryan ? actually looks a bit like him ..... but from left to right is Len Sheed was a house painter in timaru, I went to London with his son , then Gerald Mc Kisick one of the founders of SCCC Then Dad behind the wheel & Larry Voice , he was my Mums younger Brother .......

Semi-Pro Racer
    Hi Grant,

The lower photo is of Ron Rutherford after winning the 1953 Mairehau 150 (from here). I was trying to see if the photo of your Dad's Alfa was also taken at Mairehau (was it Ron's old car?). - the trees in the background look the same, and the cockpit surround looks the same.

Hi Grant,

The lower photo is of Ron Rutherford after winning the 1953 Mairehau 150 (from here). I was trying to see if the photo of your Dad's Alfa was also taken at Mairehau (was it Ron's old car?). - the trees in the background look the same, and the cockpit surround looks the same.
    Hi Bryan ..mate I am not sure to be honest .

Hi Grant,

Not Ron Rutherford in the lower photo. That's Ron Roycroft.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    Not Ron Rutherford in the lower photo. That's Ron Roycroft.
    Oops! Brain fade (again!)