having commented on one or two threads on here about noise I thought it deserves its own thread.
I feel that you racers out there are being lead along with noise readings being taken at trackside. these readings have no use at all. they are just numbers collected to use against YOU.
Noise is only a problem at the boundary of a venue where it can upset some of the general public. Inside the fence 99.8% of people are there to watch cars racing and making noise so by definition they give consent to the noise.
So why is it measured at track side? YOU go and ask the clerk of the course, if he cannot give an acceptable reason you have options.
Should you be told 'that is what msnz want then ask the steward of the meeting who represents msnz to explain why this is being done.
if you are happy good luck as you fall in line.
You should not be happy at all and ask for the noise meters and persons using them to removed from the premises before you will take your car on track. If you all stand together you will win against this unfair practise of condeming your self to and official that your entry fees are paying to be there.
Remember that without you MSNZ does not exsist so they do what you want not the reverse.
the owners of the venue have a vested interest in backing you (they want their fee) and the local council only has power in a public place.

Just my vent, but I have been through this senario twice before while overseas