Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noise

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    thank crunch, when will the enquiry results be published. Oh anything I read anywhere or am told is suspect unless proven otherwise.
    still like to see msnz or ANY of the powers that be publish the results of noise tests, or,m the way I think says they did not happen.

I know years ago at Manfield, if noise testing was done, the results were on the noticeboard at the circuit

World Champion

A small group of residents damn near succeeded in closing Timaru over noise issues and it is not only about noise created by cars, it included the cheering of the crowd, the PA system, anything that can emit noise. One of the issues I remember well was that there were some race horses stabled nearby and when our announcer got a bit excited about what was happening on the circuit the horses picked up on that and started to behave as they would just prior to racing. Relocating our speakers so that they were directed away from them got rid of that issue but getting rid of the resource consent that we are locked into, well that is another matter all together.

Noise testing is done every time you are on the circuit at Levels, if you are over then you are personally advised. Fortunately today it appears that it is only when something has been damaged that the need to talk to people occurs. It is a very long time since anyone was black flagged for excess noise

Im constantly offended by the noise coming from the vocal minority, who grizzell about noise from the circuits.

a voice of sanity in this pc world

So right Roger. 'Loud, vocal outspoken minority', just listen to dick wick Rob Norman he will solve all.

How the F&^% was the world or anything on it originally built without some noise.

Why people listen to these pathetic dicks amazes me.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    So right Roger. 'Loud, vocal outspoken minority', just listen to dick wick Rob Norman he will solve all.

How the F&^% was the world or anything on it originally built without some noise.

Why people listen to these pathetic dicks amazes me.
    Rod!!!
    You are being so harsh. Even the Greenies have a place - fertiliser!

Tony- you are being too kind:if its Brown, then flush it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    Im constantly offended by the noise coming from the vocal minority, who grizzell about noise from the circuits.

...especially the ones who move in way after the race circuit was built! They buy the property for a lower value because of the track (circuit or speedway) and then want to close the track so they can sell the property for a higher value. Also happens around Gun clubs that use to be in the country big are now on the outskirts

Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    I know years ago at Manfield, if noise testing was done, the results were on the noticeboard at the circuit
    Sorry 928, I missed your question.
    The President is making equiries via his position in local Govt and is reporting back to the April Exec meeting with those findings. As for the specific Exec enquiry regarding the placement of the noise meter at Pukekohe, I think that is happening next week and the result will be on the MSNZ website

thanks Crunch. I will keep an eye out

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Tony- you are being too kind:if its Brown, then flush it.
    Are you alluding to Len Brown?

Sadly RacerT he (Len Brown) would come back as Queen Ann Chocolate, he shore can duck the crap.

Journeyman Racer
    Yes, greasy little lawyer!
    95% of lawyers give the rest a bad name!

The best mayor we had in a while was Les Mills, no PC rubbish, honest and hard working.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerT View Post
    Are you alluding to Len Brown?
    It was a poster on the door of gentleman racer whose office is just down the road from me in Ellerslie- ever seen it?

Journeyman Racer
    Yes, A top bloke!

And now we have not enough noise- the Oz F1 race was rightly criticized for the pathetic sound of the new V6 turbos. My better half comments I make more noise in the shower.

World Champion
    Australian GP organisers claim their contract may have been breached because the F1 cars were not loud enough.

Quieter cars detract from the 'sexiness' of the race, and Melbourne didn't get what it paid for.

They commented that they sounded like 'harpsichords in a chamber orchestra' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    Isn't noise an interesting subject.
    I was President of the South Canterbury Car Club when we had to spend large sums of money fighting a 3 year battle to get a resource consent. The 2 main issues were noise and Usage.

Firstly the noise clause in the motorsport manual is seriously flawed and Crunch it is not how it was originally printed because the height and angle of the meter has been deleted at some stage.

Here are the flaws in the rule as I see them:

1. There is no height or angle for the meter origanly it was 1.5m high and angled at 15 Degrees.
    2. It does not say whether the 95dba is L10 or Lmax one refers to 10 percent of the time and one is for spikes.
    3. To have no consideration for weaher conditions allows readings to be taken in high wind conditions which wrong, even Timaru's
    strict consent allows for maximum wind speeds, 5metres per sec from memory.
    Motorsport has only succeeded in policing this rule by hiding behind the Judge of fact senario, because the rule as it is, is not right.
    Some expert advice is needed to put a policable rule in place.

True Bill, but you need to put the expert in place yourselves, otherwise THEY will install one which is not what you want.
    There are so many variables in sound measurement that you can really only get a mean average reading anyway, and the installed expert should take these variables into account when making his analyses.
    I rather like the idea of the measurement of sound being taken at the perimeter fence, rather than trackside. The dragstrip here in Perth was built into a V in the ground, so that the sound travels upward, rather than cross-country.