Thread: Give it some Jandal...F#*@K Yeah

Semi-Pro Racer

Give it some Jandal...F#*@K Yeah

GRM's Scott McLaughlin's interview has gone ferral and is folklore already.
    T Shirts, Mugs , I phone Covers and Jandals have already hit the market.(from NZ of course)
    I've ordered my T Shirt

World Champion
    Great, a human sportsman!

Amazing! Does McLaughlin/GRM/Volvo get anything out of it Ellis? That sure was a popular interview, and definitely harks back to the days when drivers were less robotic in their interviewing techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    GRM's Scott McLaughlin's interview has gone ferral and is folklore already.
    T Shirts, Mugs , I phone Covers and Jandals have already hit the market.(from NZ of course)
    I've ordered my T Shirt
    That's the second time today I've seen the word JANDAL used.

On the V8 website Damien White uses it in defending his decisions in Adelaide.
    He finishes with "At the end of the day the stewards gave it some jandal......"

PLease help. what does this mean. First time I've ever seen it used

Across the ditch we understand jandal to be a thong for your feet.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Jandal - Japanese Sandal" - thong (in Aus) - same thing. a thong in NZ is those skimpy ladies undies that leave nearly all exposed

"Give it some jandal" - put your foot down with gusto.

Only in NZ... Used to be 'Give it some Welly' meaning Wellington boot (or gumboot in NZ I suppose).

Ha ha love it ...... better than flip flops ......[English] wellies I think were gum boots ..... or there abouts ..... thongs nup don't like it lol , BUT give it a bit of jandal seems ok ..... or just give it a boot full ... good stuff keep the humour going guys
    Last edited by Grant Sprague; 03-05-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Amazing! Does McLaughlin/GRM/Volvo get anything out of it Ellis? That sure was a popular interview, and definitely harks back to the days when drivers were less robotic in their interviewing techniques.
    Couldnt have bought better publicity for all concerned for 1M$... good stuff
    There is a post of him in the bad boys corner writing over and over ....I should not swear ...on a whiteboard
    I'm not a fan of V8 Supercars but this has proven there are some real people involved

Yep Ellis agreed ... to be honest my friend I feel the other steerers are hooked into the PC thing with sponsors & can not afford to be real people because of sponsor million dollar deals or they lose their rights etc a bit sad .......As for young Scott he is young & a green horn & will get away with it due to innocence & no bad intent . But bet he got a good talking to ... when he was full of energy & said the F..... word he realised ooppppps sh......t ...... Wait for the fall out .. he got away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

Terry: It was originally used by a 'naughty' NZ TV presenter (who knows more about motorsport than the PC boys today) a couple of years back and kind of stuck.

He was classified as 'naughty' because of an incident outside a takeaway bar in Taupo, woopie. (most probably right what he said about the mealy mouth female, but he copped a bash for it)

Semi-Pro Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Ha ha love it ...... better than flip flops ......[English] wellies I think were gum boots ..... or there abouts ..... thongs nup don't like it lol , BUT give it a bit of jandal seems ok ..... or just give it a boot full ... good stuff keep the humour going guys
    I am so very lucky to be on this foreign Kiwi forum as it increases my vocabulary

#11 -looks like a Tui advert-I will not swear................

Semi-Pro Racer
    Then there's this version ......

http://youtu.be/wCarqAmucdM

Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

Terry hope this clarifies the difference between 'Thong' and 'Jandel' in NZ. Both are worn frequently but you do tend to see more 'Jandel' than 'Thong' as the saying goes 'Bugger'

1st photo 'Thong'

2nd photo 'Jandel'

3rd photo 'Modified NZ Jandel'

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Terry hope this clarifies the difference between 'Thong' and 'Jandel' in NZ. Both are worn frequently but you do tend to see more 'Jandel' than 'Thong' as the saying goes 'Bugger'

1st photo 'Thong'

2nd photo 'Jandel'

cheers
    They say "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Now I definitely won't get confused

Yea well these are universal a bit like the old unipart F3 team in UK all are easy to slip into

Jandel, also known as Samon Safety Footwear.....

And should point out that the illustrated Jandal is NZ made, unlike most of them out there!
    *Clarification - Hamilton made, unsure if Hamilton is part of NZ or not...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post

1st photo 'Thong'

2nd photo 'Jandel'

cheers