Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There was a Big Bang...

World Champion
    And Dave McMillan playing with Keke Rosberg at Manfield

Name:  Keke Rosberg Waits as Race Car Repaired.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  36.8 KBName:  Rosberg at Manfeild.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  61.4 KB[ATTACH=CONFIG]1610[/ATTACH)
    Name:  Rosberg Car at Manfeild.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  41.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tony Vazeys GMC powered Chev Coupe Kerns Road Hillclimb 1967

Name:  Top-21.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  157.4 KB

Crashed on the top corner by the finishing line ,injuries broken arm and cut face,

The Big Bang For Me Here Was The Race Before

Name:  Top-1.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  97.6 KB

Pukekohe I got pushed through the fence at the start of the morning race ,both car and me got carted away we somehow managed to get it and myself mobile for this race later in the day

Semi-Pro Racer
    Geez I remember all those shots from Pukekohe but not the names. Some more incidents from the esses or up over the top of the hill were Ron Sylvester (Chev Coupe) and Clyde Collins in the PDL Falcon both disappearing off into the infield on the left hander in the wet one xmas. Could not see either of them after they hit the grass because of the water and mud they threw up.
    Just approaching the rise up onto the hill, Red Dawson Monza, Grant Walker Capri and a couple of others I cant remember touched and ended up in the fence, up the bank and generally all over the track.
    Coming down the hill onto pit straight, the biggest I remember was the Paul Fahey flying farewell when he did literally after ending up on the grass over the top and launched off the little grass bank where the track crossing is.
    Another ditch job was Grant Walker straight off the end of the back straight into the drain at the bottom of the hill. The nose was stuck in the bank on the other side.
    Sorry no pics but great memories of the good old days.