Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Roycroft 2014

And still no pics (other than when filling the gearbox) of Bubbles

Alfa Romeo Engine

Name:  Alfa1750.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  146.2 KB

World Champion
    How beautifully delicate that car is. You wouldn't think that it could withstand the pounding that Nuvolari gave it for 1000 miles, 1600 kilometres round the Mille Miglia. Funnily enough at the end, his tyres were hardly worn, although the fronts had been changed as a precaution at half distance, and his brakes were like brand new. Mind you he was known to be easy on the brakes, simply because he hardly ever used them, preferring instead to throw the car into a corner sideways to scrub off speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    And still no pics (other than when filling the gearbox) of Bubbles
    Sorry, never even managed to see the car on track!

Suggestions:

1) Change the colour scheme to the same colour as your Austin...

2) If you run it at the Chelsea Hillclimb in November, I'll take an action pic

3) We'll be up at Paihia again before the end of May, so maybe a quick photo shoot on the public road?

World Champion
    Look at all the room in the cockpit of the Alfa Romeo compared to that of the Bugatti. It is a tight squeeze even for Terry who is not a large man. Also remember that Ron used to store all his worldly possessions in the passenger compartment, including some large trophies that he had won, when he drove to the South Island to compete in the car.

Thanks for photos Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Name:  IMG_3493.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  143.4 KB
    Thought the ignition cap and wires came though the dash where the "clock" is ?.

World Champion
    On the Bugatti engine they might have, but the Jaguar has a different distributor drive to the Bugatti, which of course you already know.
    Not sure what that rev counter is out of, if anything. Maybe an aftermarket item.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    On the Bugatti engine they might have, but the Jaguar has a different distributor drive to the Bugatti, which of course you already know
    Not sure what that rev counter is out of, if anything. Maybe an aftermarket item.

so how come the purists, who bring up details on non original cars in other groups, dont complain and ban this bugatti HOT ROD.

(I say this tongue in cheek)

( i know also that it did run a jag in its day)

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    Thought the ignition cap and wires came though the dash where the "clock" is ?.
    Looks aftermarket - 8000rpm with a shift light...

so how come the purists, who bring up details on non original cars in other groups, dont complain and ban this bugatti HOT ROD.

Always was a hot rod, like most of the cars of its' era

Semi-Pro Racer
    Roger you say tongue in cheek but Terry moved it from the pre 1945 group up to the pre 1961 group and it ticked all the boxes as a pre 1961 vehicle. VCC and MSNZ have no problem with that.

Talking of Hot Rods we were also happy to run a 1939 Ford Coupe with a pre 1961 Chev OHV V8 in our saloon field Once again it ticked all the boxes as a genuine pre 1961 vehicle. Sadly it was not able to run due to a mechanical problem but it was certainly eligible.