Thread: ALLAN DICK

ALLAN DICK

what can i say about allan,you can go to the net and go to GROWN UPS.there you will find a lot that allan has put up about himself, as he has gone through life.i have to say the story about his very dear girl and the fight for life ,she went thought i have to say got to me.you can read this very sad story on the net,i got to met allan over the radio and at manfield and pukekohe .one night about 18 years ago i was told by my lady that allan comes on the radio at 8pm, so when my lady went to bed i rang allan and we talked about motor racing and what was going on in nz. i talked to him a little bit about what cars that i had,he has done too storys on the cars that made good reading.i understand he has sold up his car magazines and moved to oamaru ,looks a very nice place to live.that is how i came to met allan dick,there must be hundreds out there who have met allan as he has gone about his working life, may be some could put up some good storys about running into him, i found him the salt of the earth a good man,he gave life to one that they could live as he says in one of his storys on the net.--so how about it lets hear from all of you out there.

Alan was the editor of "Wheelspin" magazine for the Otago Sports Car Club in the early 60s. He organized most speed events around Dunedin in the 60s.

can you put some photos up

In the 90s, when I was writing for his magazines - NZ Motoring News and autoNEWS, our wives once 'joked' that Allan and I spent more time speaking to one another than to them.

He is a top bloke and I've already warned him I will be in the Sth Is on Feb 4 - his birthday..

I've always held Allan Dick in high regard. I'm particularly grateful for the fantastic piece he did on my friend Ferris de-Joux. It was a great piece that gave Ferris the credit he deserved.

Banned
    BEFORE WE SANCTIFY A.DICK, MAY I REMIND YOU THAT HE IS JUST A MERE MORTAL LIKE ALL OF US. AS A STRAIGHT TALKING, NON PC CHAP, I HAVE ONLY ONE MEMORY OF A. DICK AND IT'S NOT A PLEASANT ONE.
    PLEASE! KEEP THIS FORUM EITHER HUMOROUS OR SERIOUS.

THIS IS A MOTORSPORT FORUM, NOT A PEE IN THE POCKET FORUM.

I trust that my recent "tongue in the mouth" question re. David Mckinney was accepted in the right vein. His left vein is stuffed due to too much main lining.

whats up if you have something to say--say it mr russ cunningham.who are you to say what we can talk about on this thread.
    Last edited by CUSTAXIE50; 04-04-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Banned
    I think I've just said it.

As the Yanks say: "Have a nice day"

all you have done is made some -little -statement.

Banned
    GOOD!

You can only take people as you find them and I have always found Allan to be helpful and willing to assist.
    He calls a spade a spade (nothing wrong with that).
    We are all the richer for his automotive journalism.

World Champion
    I would respectfully suggest that Mr Russ Cunningham take at leaf out of his own book. As he says on post 6, lets keep this humorous or serious. Just because he has had an unfortunate experience with Mr Dick, doesn't mean other people dont find him engaging. And by the way, the saying is 'tongue in cheek'.

now now lets be fair how many people gan you honestly say you love and hate him???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    I would respectfully suggest that Mr Russ Cunningham take at leaf out of his own book. As he says on post 6, lets keep this humorous or serious. Just because he has had an unfortunate experience with Mr Dick, doesn't mean other people dont find him engaging. And by the way, the saying is 'tongue in cheek'.
    You are correct AMCO72: THE SAYING IS "TONGUE IN CHEEK" BUT PLEASE FORGIVE ME? TWO BOTTLES OF GOOD "RED" & I'M SURPRISED TO BE ABLE TO TYPE.

I also agree with your other comment: BUT! and the "BUT" is as exactly as you said: We, as human beans will always have different experiences of others. I was simply stating my experience and still find it hard to accept why "CUSTAXIE50" should be posting such a thread.

Cheers after a few beers,

Russ