As far as I can remember Rod , Mike the bike lived in a side road near or directly off Maxwelton Drive near Windsor Park in Mairangi / Murrays Bay.
According to dad , who used to fix his tv ( first colour tv's such as Pye Vidmatic and Philips K9 etc broke down once a month ) there was a now priceless 250cc 6-cyl Isle of Man Honda mounted inside the house as a display and some interesting trinkets etc displayed within the house such as Mike's George Medal for bravery he got during his F1 career mounted under glass in a coffee table.
I recall rumours of one of his houses having an F1 or F5000 car mounted on the lounge wall. May have just been an urban legend ?
Phil Kerr will know for sure.
I remember Bob Haldane telling me that Mike approached him wanting a competitive bike to practice on in N.Z before heading back to the Isle of Man for his legendary comeback win on the Ducati 900SS.
Bob loaned him a Yamaha TZ and for a guy with a badly damaged ankle ( F1 crash ) they had to switch the gearchange to the other side of the bike and Bob was floored that Mike was close to the Pukekohe lap record after a minimal number of practice laps.
He hadn't ridden since '67 ( 10 years ! ) and this was his first ride of a bike with disk brakes.
Superb talent and down to earth guy with a great sense of humour

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
Spman, it lived up Matipo Rd way in Mairangi Bay did'nt it.