Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1986 Nissan Mobil images

Semi-Pro Racer
    Hi Steve you are correct, they were the R30s
    Scanned some more although some of these were water damaged.

THe Heyer Audi seems to have just disappeared, has a lot of people looking for it over her in Aus but no leads.

The bowkett car had a big hit at puke the weekend after the wellington Video posted.
    Rebuilt and sold to billington
    So the shot of billington must be at a later event
    Billingtons earlier car is the ex goldcorp VHSS which would have been on 5 studs
    (off the top of my head)

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Re the Commodore, that is causing confussion, the Pope boy's had a white Commodore back then, may be them.
    Didnt you do one of these meetings in a commodore Rod?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Rod, I just went and looked up the results based on the footage above. Car 26, the white Commodore was the Castle/Billington car. Here is a photo of it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8021817...7606882601980/

AHA, solved ah Steve, it is a good test for our ageing memories though, we think of names we thought we would never have remembered so is a good exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    Didnt you do one of these meetings in a commodore Rod?
    Yes in 86, lost brakes in great style at end of back straight, big sideways before complete spin, into pits and boy's fitted new disc, caliper etc and we lost about 12 laps and then developed a misfire over 5 grand but staggered to finish, I won a couple of trays in a bet during the race so all was not lost.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Unfortunately I can't match Nigels quality and most of these are damaged prints but they do show some of the other cars that competed in the series.

Last edited by TonyG; 12-07-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer

Weekend Warrior
    Keep them coming Tony

Semi-Pro Racer
    Pretty much it I am afraid. Rest were either left in NZ or have since been lost or destroyed during the many moves. Pity as I had nearly every event that was televised on NZ TV during the 70s and 80s on VHS tape which I left in packing crates at a friends. Unfortunately long gone now too after a couple of moves they made. So much history lost. Oh well, such is life.
    Will you give yours a run at Lakeside when resto completed provide track is still there and they have a suitable event. Would love to see it and get some shots on track. Good luck with it all.
    Regards
    Tony

Got a suspicion that the skyline (Bowkett) is in a workshop on north shore Auckland, if not that car one of them anyway. will research.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Just stumbled across a video tape here of some driver interviews and profiles from the Saturday broadcast in Wellington in 1986. Has Brock/Moffat, Crosby, Walkinshaw/Percy, Francivic, Johnson, Oxton/Rouse, Trevor Crowe/Longhurst, Jim Richards as well as a Havoc style clip from Aus TV. Last bit is a full race from Saturday in the wet for the classic sports and single seaters.
    I will finish converting and upload to You Tube tomorrow morning as I have the day off.
    Cheers
    Tony

We were told that the Pink Rover was being all nicely rebuilt and prepared in Perth before it was to be trucked across Australia and then shipped out here, unfortunately every rod end in the suspension appeared to have become worn out during the trucking exercise, likewise the shock absorbers. There were times when we had the tool box open for longer hours than a west coast pub.