Thread: Historic Formula Ford National Series

Historic Formula Ford National Series

We have just finished competing in the National Formula Ford Series , i would like to thank all our competitors in all classes for a great series where everyone got along and enjoyed some fantastic racing. We had fields of Twenty in SI and Fifteen in the NI , this was the first time there has been a national championship for historic formula fords ,i think it can only get better , we even get a trophy which is the George Begg Trophy very special !
    We managed to win the series in our 1973 Bowin, which won the title Fourty years ago driven by Peter Hughs.
    Cheers Royce

Journeyman Racer
    Great work Royce. All historic formula ford drivers need to get behind this series to ensure the fields remain large enough to keep it viable for promoters. From the competitors I spoke to, they all seem to have had a load of fun!

This is great Royce! Thanks for the update. I'm with Tony, Historic FF drivers need to get behind this.

And it isnt too expensive ,we did all the rounds which included two trips to the NI i have just done a costing which includes ferry, airfares, as we left our gear in Wanganui between Manfeild and Taupo we have change out of Ten thousand . Not bad considering we did 5000 kms and around 860 laps .

Royce, do you have any photos from the series you could share here?

yip we have a lot , will get my teckno wife to post some over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerT View Post
    Great work Royce. All historic formula ford drivers need to get behind this series to ensure the fields remain large enough to keep it viable for promoters. From the competitors I spoke to, they all seem to have had a load of fun!
    The ol lyon dl2 is getting a rebuild as we speak.first 1 since it was built in 1971

Here's a few photo's from the NZFF series. Name:  DSC_0017.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  40.5 KBName:  DSC_0018.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  44.5 KBName:  DSC_0082.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  28.8 KBName:  DSC_0221.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  46.3 KBName:  DSC_0234.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  58.2 KBName:  DSC_0238b.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  31.9 KB

Great stuff Royce, these are really neat to see.

Thanks Steve it was a great series great racing and a great bunch of people.