Thread: Paul Fahey/Kevin McNamara Z28 Camaro For Sale

Paul Fahey/Kevin McNamara Z28 Camaro For Sale

Richie Biddles sent me this Ebay link for the old Paul Fahey owned Z28 Camaro which Kevin McNamara raced in the New Zealand Castrol GTX series and in endurance racing in the mid-1970s. This car has lived an interesting life! Its been in Aus for several years. Could be yours for just over A$30K.

Check it out here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1971-Chev...item417cf73817

Name:  McNamara Camaro.JPG
Views: 1107
Size:  58.6 KB

I better get a lotto ticket.....would be nice in my garage !

Even says come in and test drive today....450HP
    I can see Bruce 302 going over and giving it a few skids after reading this.

Oh yes, be good if still has log book(s) mmm

When I found it years ago in a shed in New Plymouth there was no log book but had the original ownership papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    I better get a lotto ticket.....would be nice in my garage !
    I'm sure this car would have already spent plenty of time in your garage Bruce?

So, how important is the log book when there is documented proof- not someones vague memory- that this is the authentic car ?

I guess in this case the ownership papers almost work as a log book John.

Bruce, what was the race historic of this car after Fahey and McNamara were done with it? Did this car go to Dave Baker next?

The original papers stated Paul Fahey Motors as the first NZ Owner. I had know this car since 1980 and shortly after seeing the car at a Camaro run in Pakuranga my friend Dale O'Gorman bought the car. It still had the 60 over LT1 in it, the M22 and Corvette discs on the front only. 12 Bolt rear was still there. The car was taken off the track in 1977 and sold as a road car. I forget who purchased it but he was a car painter, panel beater in South Auckland. The Foster brothers bought it from I think Tony Gordon after Dale had it taken from him due to hard times. I will have to ask Tony but he only had it for a short time. The Fosters put a 427 in it and 9 inch with big Cragers on it. Was painted a double red/orange. When I spotted a 71 Z/28 for sale in Trade and Exchange with a stuffed 427 and 9 inch for sale in Taranaki curiosity took over and Garry and I did the trip to have a look with trailer. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the car and the ownership papers confirmed it with Fahey and O'Gormans names on it. The guy had no idea of its race history or who Paul Fahey was....!
    After Garry's ownership Rick Lucas bought it and on sold it to a guy in Auckland who took it to Aussi.
    Yes John, we all have those thoughts and today you would want proof of history. I have had a long association with this car but it has been repainted but the front sheetmetal and bumper off a 73 still remains on a 71 Camaro....can't be to many of those.

SPGETI have sent you a PM