Quote Originally Posted by Go Slideways View Post
Graeme Stretch racing his Ford V8 at Palmy, and a couple of photo's I took on 6th October 2009 shortly after the same car was rescued. I think it was found in a paddock in Pahiatua. The last time I saw this pretty cool car was in Jacob Bakers workshop in Palmy, Jacob still owns the car and it is being restored by Barr Motorsport . Graeme Stretch was the very first official 1NZ Stockcar Champion, not sure if it was in this car, but I'd love to know more about this car. I love the open exhaust pipes. I once visited a house down a long drive in Maxwells Line in Palmy that Graeme made several of his cars at, and there was a clean up going on. Unfortunately my mate and I were a week late and didn't have the chance to save some historic items. I think Pervy from Palmy might have got a couple of cars. We did buy a few interesting things including a Lincoln Zephyr V12 engine and about 100 hubcaps..

PS: I would absolutely love to see any pictures of Ian Taylor 21w or Ian "Jac Jac" Eston.

image host

image url upload

image hosting 10mb limit

I'm doing a project on Ian Taylor and Ian Easton and would love to see photo's or hear stories of these two.

Ian had a pretty cool Sprintcar, I admired the old school open faced helmet, no gloves, rolled up sleeves, open exhaust headers and I think dragster slicks on the rear attitude. I think he's still wearing his watch... no SNZ or Osh in those days.

adult photo sharing

host image online
The body on the Graeme Stretch stockcar is a 1939/40 Willys coupe. Back when this car was being built in the 1960s, Willys coupe bodies were cheap. These days, they're incredibly desirable, at least as much so as 1932 Ford 3 window coupe bodies. The body alone in good condition would fetch US$20,000. Of course, its no longer in good condition, but still a fascinating historical piece.