Thread: Old Speedway Photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journeyman Racer
    I recall that accident so well even though I was 11 years old.
    He died Dec 22nd 1977 and I recall seeing the mustang on tv being towed away from the scene.
    I work in Onehunga and always knew it happened on Neilson St but always wondered where. Am I correct at remembering he hit a power pole ?
    I notice that his old radiator repair business in Onehunga has only just stopped using the name "Trevor Morris" radiator repairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    If it was the Mustang that Trevor Morris was killed in, that accident happened on Neilson Street about 500 metres east of Waikaraka Park.

Yes Jeff, it happened on the bend heading down from Church Street on the left hand side where the entrance to the Railfreight yard now is. Yes, Mustang versus power pole. Another real talented guy gone before his time.....
    Last edited by fullnoise68; 04-11-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Journeyman Racer
    Thanks for that fullnoise , I had always wondered but never knew who to ask. Does anyone have a newspaper clipping etc ? As full on speedway fans , Trevor Morris was a big deal.
    There is some footage of him at Western Springs in '76 on this old film of mine.
    To those who don't know , thats him in the first scene with the beard and the Chevy 2 powered #58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3FQplQ1vk

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Yes Jeff, it happened on the bend heading down from Church Street on the left hand side where the entrance to the Railfreight yard now is. Yes, Mustang versus power pole. Another real talented guy gone before his time.....