Thread: Old Speedway Photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I posted this on the Random Photos thread, but thought I'd also try here, as this appears to be a speedway car.

Gavin Shaw runs a Facebook page in which he has been posting up his own old New Zealand racing photos, plus those of others.

A recent posting was this oddball, which nobody has yet identified. Its a second gen Camaro, and appears to be at Bay Park. The Camaro appears possibly to be a speedway car, converted to run on tarmac, and with equal sized wheels left-right. Its hard to tell, but it appears also to have a windscreen fitted.

Does anyone know who this is, and when this was taken?

Name:  11045017_879629065416376_3186755194864935843_n.jpg
Views: 2019
Size:  28.2 KB
    Is this it here,I was there at Ocean View Speedway in Wanganui having the USA drivers touring round the country was great as they were match racing all the locals at there own tracks.If i remember correctly he ended up climbing the front straight wall causing major damage and not been able to finish racing that night.Name:  01 Hoppy Hopkinson Camaro 77s Blondie Chamberlin.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  117.0 KB
    Last edited by 225sloper; 07-28-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 225sloper View Post
    Is this it here,I was there at Ocean View Speedway in Wanganui having the USA drivers touring round the country was great as they were match racing all the locals at there own tracks.If i remember correctly he ended up climbing the front straight wall causing major damage and not been able to finish racing that night.Name:  01 Hoppy Hopkinson Camaro 77s Blondie Chamberlin.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  117.0 KB
    Wow! Thats awesome. Sure looks to be the same car, and explains why I never saw it. It went back to the US. Thanks for posting this, clears a lot of things up.