Jac when you all built the firebird, did the chassis come from speedway engineering in L A, why I ask is Peter took us there when we went to the States with him, he more or less said to us that this car that they were building there at the time that his new race car would be the same, those guys also made there own quick change diffs, and he said that he had a donavan motor jacked up for it, I know that he had a lot of trouble with the donavan and got rid of it to some guy in Christchurch as I took it up there for him and dropped it of at this business I think some guy that was running a sprintcar brought it was that right, after that motor was gone what kind of motor did he run in the firebird then, and did you build it for him? As that car had some far out horse power, I didn't pit crew that much on that car, but a lot of the tricks he had on the mustang got carried over to the firebird ( ie the tyre setup ) I would be very interested to learn as much as I could about the firebird, I know that after Peter it went to Brian Ketton in Timaru then his son took it over after Brian, then Brian. brought Peters first comadore,and if I remember he got the motor for that car from Ian Tulloch the one he use to run in his Capri, is that what happened? Ivan also remember when Peter was away on one of his trips to the States he let Tulloch race the firebird at riverside,after the meeting a few of us went over to Tulloch and asked him how he enjoyed his days racing, his reply was that he hadn't driven a car with so much horsepower, he said it was unreal we had to have a laugh as there wasn't a panel other than the roof that didn't have a dent in it,old flange must have had his work cut ot for him to get it all back to where it was when Peter left for the States, now this is my question to you Jac. How much horsepower did that firebird have,I know that it was a lot you only had to watch that car hook upcoming out of the corners and how much it dropped going into the next corner before the gas peddle hit the metal again the dirt use to just fly of that car when it dropped down going into the corners, I know that when I was pit crewing with Peter on the firebird the first thing we had to do when tahe car came back into the pits after each race was to bring tale tails down on the shocks fast,so of you can give us a bit of history on the firebird Jac it would be good the car was to much high tech for me to follow