What a great site and great subject, classic cars and people. I suppose I can thank my grandfather and dad for taking me to Ardmore and then Pukekohe. Once I could put my own shirt on I was allowed to sneak off with them and watch the racing as long as mum did not find out. Then I got wiskers and I started to play with cars and help other people (I used to hang around until they stuck a wheel brace or something in my hand and yep, I was a team member) Been involved in all sorts of motorsport over the years with a wide variety of different people and cars. From rallying to curcuit and speedway. Even played with offshore powerboats for a while. Went to first meeting at Pukekohe and still wander down for look at Historics, First meeting at Baypark and last, what a neat track, original Taupo when the big tent was the centre of attention. Yea meet alot of very good people over the time. Think I will meet some more on here too, that will be great. Still got a couple of toys tucked up in the garage.
Thanks Steve for this site