Thread: 40 years of Rallying in Northland

40 years of Rallying in Northland

During this years International rally of Whangarei, it was pointed out that it was the 40th anniversary of the first Rally run in Northland, in the Waitangi Forest, run by the Northland Car Club.
    Does anybody out there still have an entry list for this event?
    Who knows - weather permitting, we may try and organise a Rallysprint in the forest later on this year to celebrate....

Give me plenty of advance warning of the date Malcolm. The Waitangi Rally was the first rally that I competed in while living in the north and a few years later Waitangi was also the last event prior to returning south. Great memories of the place

I competed in that rally in my brother Iain's mk2 cortina finishing 11 overall if my memory is correct. Unfortunately i do not have an entry list for 1974, but have the entry list for the 1975 event which i went with Paul Adams in his rs1600.There were 96 entries for that event. Those were the great rallying days.Keep me informed if you do anything to celebrate this milestone.
    All the best
    Don Fenwick

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Give me plenty of advance warning of the date Malcolm. The Waitangi Rally was the first rally that I competed in while living in the north and a few years later Waitangi was also the last event prior to returning south. Great memories of the place
    I was specking to Allen Strong last night and he is putting together a right up for the next NCC mag and also for the NCC web site.He read out the entry list which included many big names from the past .Peter.

Nice to see Alan included a copy of the results in the mag as well - I see a future Australian Touring Car champion finished 7th!