Thread: Test/Practice Day Easter Sunday - vacancies HD

Test/Practice Day Easter Sunday - vacancies HD

As we cancelled our race meeting fairly late, we are held to the track hire costs anyway. We do still have vacancies for the test day held in its place.

At the moment, based on numbers so far, for just $125, you'll be on track for almost a third of the day!

Just a reminder that bookings are via the Hampton Downs ticketing website. Saloons, sports, Vintage and even road going cars OK. No motorbikes or single seaters.

Helmet and overalls if 'running free' or no helmet and overalls required if behind a safety car.

Enter now and wind down the season with a relaxing day and take your mechanic/girlfriend/boyfriend or family members for a run. Try out those funny tyres, but strict overtaking rules in place - on corner exits or straights only.

Catering van will be on site for a while. NO fuel available on site. Sign on 9am, so still time to find/eat your Easter eggs first.

Usual rules regarding closed footwear in pit lane. All drivers and passengers to sign the disclaimer. Cars groups by speed and drivers encouraged to swap cars for some sessions.

Thanks to those who turned up! Erratic weather at times, but heaps of track time. Managed to take both cars for a run but the Magnette is so undergeared it isn't funny!

Outstanding day Ray - had a blast going around as a passenger. After been pit bitch at a number of event at HD this is the first time I have actually been around in a car (sold the last 240z track car before HD opened). Fully inspired I have spend most of today working on the complete re-wire of the current project - target is a few months time when Fabricator is back in town then some playday/track time before Icebreaker.
    Mike L

Pity about the weather later on Mike, but yes, a good day! Second Ferrari passenger ride of the year for me too.

Maybe next year, Alfa, MGCC and Datsun Z plus the ERC series of course, could combine for a track day? So relaxed compared to a race day! I see a huge increase in the popularity of track days - but the clubs have got to get together to make it viable.