Thread: Introduction - Jeff Law

Weekend Warrior

Wink Introduction - Jeff Law

I joined this site due to my lengthy interest in motor-racing, sparked by my employment by Bruce Watt in Palmerston North in 1959. Bruce was a well-known local identity who also raced a Minor 1000. He sold this shortly after I started wok at his shop and replaced it with a Farina A40, which (once modified for racing) was a joy to drive, something I did almost daily. He was also the Manawatu Car Club handicapper for quite a few years.
    Another motorsport identity I met through my work was the late A.G. 'Fordy' Farland, who raced a 100E Prefect with an Elva OHV head.
    I will shortly start posting some of my motorsport photos from the early 60s.

World Champion
    Welcome Jeff, I have, as you are aware, posted a few of your photos already. Until this morning you were just a name that my father had referred to occasionally whenever car pics were referred to, although I was in a class with a Jeff Law at PNBHS for a year

Hi there Jeff, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its really great to have you here, and thanks so much for posting up your amazing photos!

Jeff, welcome too,from an expat, who went to a Classic meeting in P, North in 1982,when Fordy was patron, was a 2 day event, practice at Manfeild [ spelt correctly for the locals, I am a kiwi boy ] then racing at Ohakea on the Sunday, my mate Frank Karl had his Purlpe Healey,there, and the amazing " Chry-Baker " was there too !! a 30's special, welcome from across the ditch