Thread: Grady Thomson Falcon GTHO Phase III

Grady Thomson Falcon GTHO Phase III

I was visiting some car enthusiasts around New Zealand recently for a muscle car book I'm working on when I was taken to the house of a neat guy named Ross, who, among a collection of about thirty cars, has the GTHO Phase III raced by Grady Thomson in NZ production racing. Ross is very keen to get hold of period racing photos of the car. Can anyone help?

Name:  thomson gtho.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  137.4 KB

I have an article where he says he, aged 49, was going to race it at the 1991 Nissan Mobil Wellington Street race.
    Wasnt Crunch a flaggie there, he may have seen it if it ran.
    If Ross could give previous owners names,even the reg number it may help in pics, as Grady ran XU1s and Z/28 Camaro in NZ Production racing till he retired.
    Thought that this may have been the Bruce Anderson car, going on what a panelbeater/ painter said at the auction at Wellington , but that particular car has been accounted for.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 05-28-2014 at 08:07 AM.

A bloke i used to know, went to buy this at an aucton around , 12-15 years ago. Told me he stopped bidding at around $40,000 because the price was getting a bit high for an old falcon.

Thanks you guys. Yes John, I remember reading that article. I think it was part of the street race programme? I thought for some reason the car in the article was an earlier GT, an XR or XT, didn't realise it was this car. Didn't the article also say the car had never been registered for the road?