Hi members,
Back in the 80s I was a mate and part time pit crew for a bloke named Charlie Milner who resided at Anderson Vic, which is at the turnoff to Phillip Island.
Back in those days Charlie had just sold his rear engined Hillman Imp, and built a nissan bluebird sedan, powered by a small block chev, mid mounted in an early type of partial space frame, and using a nissan IRS.
Charlie was regularly called upon to effect overnight repairs to vehicles running at PIARC, as he had the nearest and most "race friendly" workshop close to the Island.
In about the mid to late eighties Charlie closed up shop and moved to Qld, where he ultimately died in a motor cycle collision. I know he had a son named Simon, who I believe runs a mechanical workshop somewhere in Victoria, most likely on the mornington peninsula.
I am trying to find out if anyone remembers this car, or knows of it's whereabouts, as now I have retired it may be an ideal project that my son and I can work on, and perhaps restore to it's former glory if it can be found.
I have checked many, many sites, photo journals and other areas available on the net, without much success, so I look to your members for any help.
The vehicle was certainly not amongst the top runners of the day, yet when it did go properly, I remember it was generally amongst the middle runners at sandown and other Victorian tracks.

Also on another matter, I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the history of a mazda rx7 sports sedan shell that I have purchased. I think it was built in the late 80s/early 90s, and was initially log booked with a toyota engine, but not sure of the further history. It seems to have a semi space frame, front and rear full f/glass panels along with moulds, it appears to have a mazda LSD rear end and suspension, fuel cell and other associated bits.
The underneath would indicate that it has done a bit of racing over the years, and it is my intention to go down the LS1 path for some hillclimb and perhaps low level sports sedan fun.
If I have done things correctly, I should have included a couple of photos of the mazda which may jog memories somewhere.
Thanks, Wayne Beale

Sorry, can't help with the photos at this stage, first they are too big in physical size, then they have to be less Kbs than I know how to do. I will get my son onto it when. I get home.
It's a yellow rx7, looks like front and rear suspension are mazda with coil overs, front and rear panels are complete clip on units, bonnet is also glass with a spare carbon fibre bonnet unfinished in the mould, pedal box fitted to larger than normal transmission tunnel, interior completely gutted with re removable steering wheel and gauge panel, rear has removable aluminium square frame holding fuel cell and rear tow points and mounts for both rear panel and wing. Perspex rear window, and passenger door window, drivers door has net with additional Perspex clip on window for those wet days.