Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central Muscle Cars at the ITM 500

Central Muscle Cars at the ITM 500

Just a few photos of the Central Muscle Cars that raced at the ITM 500 Pukekohe last weekend.Name:  CMC #68.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  130.3 KBName:  CMC # 3.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  91.0 KBName:  CMC # 05.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  108.6 KBName:  CMC # 6.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  120.2 KBName:  CMC # 13.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  121.2 KB

Name:  CMC # 30.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  123.6 KBName:  CMC # 33.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  116.0 KBName:  CMC # 41.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  112.0 KBName:  CMC # 43.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  119.1 KBName:  CMC # 45.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  103.7 KB
    Last edited by 225sloper; 05-03-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Journeyman Racer
    Superb photo's and thanks very much for posting for those who weren't there.
    I almost hate to ask but did that red XD or XE Falcon in the rain end up in the wall ?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I almost hate to ask but did that red XD or XE Falcon in the rain end up in the wall ?
    Yeah, odd way to approach a righthander unless you are drifting !

Semi-Pro Racer
    Yeah, odd way to approach a righthander unless you are drifting !

Awesome photos. A couple of those camaros are very nose high.

Sadly yes, along with another couple. Dean is quick and goes hard and has been around this track a couple of times over along time, (and had occasional visit to grass) pity he meet the 'infamous concrete jungle' wonder what his feelings are about the walls.

As you well know Rod, the Armco is just behind the concrete, so if he bounced off the inside, (I'm assuming he did) he would probably have incurred a similar amount of damage anyway, even without the concrete. Is that between turn 1 & 2?

It was so wet on the Thursday when Dean hit the wall in his Falcon,practise had stopped to pull Shane Wigston out of the kitty litter on turn one.When they restarted out of pitlane Dean went round the circuit and coming down the front straight for the first time he was moving and yeah sideways and into the wall,he was out for the weekend.Also Gary McKelvie had big damage to his new Monaro also Clarke Hopkins in his A9X all on the Thursday.

Any photos of the Monaro before and after going into the wall.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 225sloper View Post
    It was so wet on the Thursday when Dean hit the wall in his Falcon,practise had stopped to pull Shane Wigston out of the kitty litter on turn one.When they restarted out of pitlane Dean went round the circuit and coming down the front straight for the first time he was moving and yeah sideways and into the wall,he was out for the weekend.Also Gary McKelvie had big damage to his new Monaro also Clarke Hopkins in his A9X all on the Thursday.
    Did the Monaro and A9X tangle in the first dry practice? Was a sad sight when the Monaro came in on the flatdeck truck.

The puddle where the "new" track rejoins the old before the hairpin also caught out a few, including Grant Dalton. Fortunately all those that rotated there managed to avoid the wall and just had a harmless rotation across the infield grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Did the Monaro and A9X tangle in the first dry practice? Was a sad sight when the Monaro came in on the flatdeck truck.

The puddle where the "new" track rejoins the old before the hairpin also caught out a few, including Grant Dalton. Fortunately all those that rotated there managed to avoid the wall and just had a harmless rotation across the infield grass.
    What,front end,sideways into the wall with the Monaro,in your view what work is needed to get this car up and running again.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    What,front end,sideways into the wall with the Monaro,in your view what work is needed to get this car up and running again.
    I only saw it from "the mountain" as it was trucked through the pits, too far away to see how extensive the damage was. Looked like quite a lot of damage to the front and right rear, but whether it was "just" sheetmetal or more extensive damage to the chassis/running gear I couldn't tell.

I have photos of damaged Monaro,is it appropriate to put these up?Photos of damaged cars from years gone by i see no problem with as they have already been seen in magazines ect or are already known about.So what are your veiws?

I have photos of damaged Monaro,is it appropriate to put these up?Photos of damaged cars from years gone by i see no problem with as they have already been seen in magazines ect or are already known about.So what are your veiws?
    Well if you feel that way,you could give Gary a call and ask him for his view on putting these photos up

Semi-Pro Racer
    Personally, as a non-injury crash (afaik), I'd be ok with them being posted. Pretty sure other crash photos have been uploaded, although mostly historic. Perhaps PM the forum owner/moderator?

Its no big deal is it,just put them up and be done with it.