Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Central Muscle Cars at the ITM 500

Just had a look at the write up from CMC, on what went down in practice at the hairpin,not much more one can say can they.I see on trade me someone from levin is looking for a right rear guard for one monaro,any one know where one may be. What about the Torana what is needed to get this car back up and running again.

I have a right rear quarter for a HT Monaro, complete from taillamp to door, roof to sill.l Its not attached to a vehiclel............

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    I have a right rear quarter for a HT Monaro, complete from taillamp to door, roof to sill.l Its not attached to a vehiclel............
    It may be what they are looking for,go to trade me,look for gmc5 and email them,thanks for getting back.

Hi there ,had an email from Gary Mckelvie today,he owns and runs Horowhenua Motor Company Ltd in Levin,you may like to give him a call on 06-3687169 or an email to him,or your number up here whatever way it takes to get this car back up and running again.

I checked his advert on trademe. I had to arrange collection and deliver here.The price he wants to pay wouldnt cover that, and I had to pay a premium to also buy it in the first place .I will keep it, and thats that.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 05-12-2014 at 12:29 AM.

I checked his advert on trademe. I had to arrange collection and deliver here.The price he wants to pay wouldnt cover that, and I had to pay a premium to also buy it in the first place .I will keep it, and thats that.
    Well John we did our bit to get this car back up and running again you could say,these parts must be getting hard to obtain today,i know the prices some are paying for parts for their old holdens because i work on some of these old cars.

They are very hard to get. I waited 4 years before this one appeared.
    Deono Monaro Restoration in Sydney hand makes them new for AUS $2850.
    update-
    Have spoken to Garry , he told me the damaged area.
    I have told how to repair it using what he has in his workshop, sent him pics of how to do it.
    He is rapt and is now getting on to it.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 05-12-2014 at 09:14 PM.

They are very hard to get. I waited 4 years before this one appeared.
    Deono Monaro Restoration in Sydney hand makes them new for AUS $2850.
    update-
    Have spoken to Garry , he told me the damaged area.
    I have told how to repair it using what he has in his workshop, sent him pics of how to do it.
    He is rapt and is now getting on to it.
    Great to hear,what do they say,many hands make light work thanks for your help with this car.Any news on what is needed to fix the other car.

If that is Vern Mullers Cobra Coupe , then he and I have discussed it.It also is pretty straight forward -to me.He was looking also for a quarter, but there is a way around this as the damage is between the B pillar and rear wheel arch.
    Garrys HT Monaro is between the wheel arch and the tail lamps.
    With my 2 cars, I have spent a lot of time in these areas.

If that is Vern Mullers Cobra Coupe , then he and I have discussed it.It also is pretty straight forward -to me.He was looking also for a quarter, but there is a way around this as the damage is between the B pillar and rear wheel arch.
    Garrys HT Monaro is between the wheel arch and the tail lamps.
    With my 2 cars, I have spent a lot of time in these areas.
    My understanding is it was Clarke Hopkins A9x Torana that was hit as Gary made his way back on to the track.

Man, it sounds like a lot of cars had rough weekends.