Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 MSNZ AGCM

Semi-Pro Racer

2014 MSNZ AGCM

Who is going?

Roger

Don't even know when it is or even where it is Roger!!!

This weekend presumably?

To answer your question. No, not this year. Our time to quit these shores for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    Who is going?

Roger
    Me

Semi-Pro Racer
    It is in Dunedin Ray, a bit of a haul, and not really easy to get in and out of,except for those of us down here, most will drive, but the flights in and out are not easy and you are payin g off the national debt to get them, but in saying that its a nice city.
    Roger.

Who is going?

Roger
    Was hoping to be there but still hobbling around hence so I haven't booked and as you say Roger, some degree in difficulty flying in and out(well cost anyway) so i'll have to leave it to you to stir them up, LOL

Dale M

Sorry you are not going to be there Dale, I was hoping to have a bit of a catch up, never mind will find you at a circuit somewhere. By the way, a return flight from Auckland to Dunedin is a lot less expensive than one from Timaru to anywhere in the North Island.

It is in Dunedin Ray, a bit of a haul, and not really easy to get in and out of,except for those of us down here, most will drive, but the flights in and out are not easy and you are paying off the national debt to get them, but in saying that its a nice city.
    Roger.
    A cynic might think that the current choice of the difficult to get to venue of Dunedin might have something to do with the MSNZ remit which proposes to hold all future AGCMs in Wellington …….

I will be there - keeping a low profile.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    A cynic might think that the current choice of the difficult to get to venue of Dunedin might have something to do with the MSNZ remit which proposes to hold all future AGCMs in Wellington …….
    Hope to see you there Rog? and sorry to miss you Dale, will give you a bell next week.
    Roger

Hope to see you there Rog?
    Yes Roger, I will be there and will no doubt catch up with you. We have a remit in and there are a few questions we will be asking …

I will be there. It would be good to catch up for a chat Roger. Will be an interesting couple of days I'm sure.

Congratulations to all the forum members recognised with awards during the MSNZ awards ceremony last evening.

Good to meet TRSers I have only previously heard about.

It was a shame Dale couldn't be there in person to receive his well deserved award.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    Good to meet TRSers I have only previously heard about.

It was a shame Dale couldn't be there in person to receive his well deserved award.
    Yes, shame I wasn't there Michael!! Tony(Roberts) did txt me Saturday night late to say I had won this assume trophy for services to Classic motor racing!! much appreciated guys!!

Received a congratulations txt from Angus Fogg and a nice E-mail from Gerald, thanks you two.

Dale M

Journeyman Racer
    Hi Dale
    It was a privilege to collect the Sybil Lupp trophy for you on Saturday night. People were saying a lot of nice things about you, but I put them right. I alluded to your dream and vision of a period correct Muscle Car Class, but didn't mention your bad knee!

You thoroughly deserve the award for your tireless work and the award looks great on my wall. Speaking of tireless work, I bought a set of Hoosiers for the Corvette and have the 15" wheels to put them on. I'll run the car around a handy circuit and see how they compare with the Kumho's I have been running. It should slow the car down. Apparently the exact metric equivalent of the imperial measurement tyres are DOT approved, but the imperial measurement tyre isn't - tell me about it!

I commend all those who received awards.
    What I suspect a lot of us would like to know is the nuts and bolts of the meeting. There have been veiled comments elsewhere, how about some informed comment from those who were there?

Pretty magic Dale, your peers recognised you as a good bugger.

Semi-Pro Racer
    What do you want to know, there was a couple of things of minor interest, the COG told both sides of the v8 debacle to get a life and pull their heads in, and a motion to rejig MSNZ was lost, apart from that according to a well known blogger, we were just there for the food and drink, and it was no business as usual and those who were not there can now put their two bobs worth in and say " I told you so, and go on to explain how they could organise MSNZ on the back of a fag packet, so I guess thats it for another year, I will have to lose a bit of weight and get rid of the hang over, so I do it all again, RogerH said its his shout next time, RacerT is listing a old farm on trade me, and Nigel Russell is taking up painting old masters.
    Roger
    Roger

Semi-Pro Racer
    What do you want to know, there was a couple of things of minor interest, the COG told both sides of the v8 debacle to get a life and pull their heads in, and a motion to rejig MSNZ was lost, apart from that according to a well known blogger, we were just there for the food and drink, and it was no business as usual and those who were not there can now put their two bobs worth in and say " I told you so, and go on to explain how they could organise MSNZ on the back of a fag packet, so I guess thats it for another year, I will have to lose a bit of weight and get rid of the hang over, so I do it all again, RogerH said its his shout next time, RacerT is listing a old farm on trade me, and Nigel Russell is taking up painting old masters.
    Roger
    Roger

Semi-Pro Racer
    Roger
    Roger
    Guess that means the future of NZ Motorsport hinges on the pending legislation to market cigarettes in 'plain pack' fashion . No help to me as a non-smoker or participant