Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 MSNZ AGCM

Semi-Pro Racer
    Yea Jac, must be all smoke and mirrors
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Guess that means the future of NZ Motorsport hinges on the pending legislation to market cigarettes in 'plain pack' fashion . No help to me as a non-smoker or participant

Semi-Pro Racer
    Beats me why, in this day and age, MSNZ can't (or, more to the point, won't) publish a list of remits prior to the AGM and a summary of procedings afterwards. They take large sums of money off competitors in affiliation fees, levies and permit fees yet we have no apparent input into what happens at the AGCM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    There was a list published, and sent out to all clubs, and one thing that was apparent, they are not taking enough large sums of money off competitors, to be able to match the money which competitors are spending on lawyers to battle with MSNZ, who have to get their lawyers involved so not all wins are at flag fall, and if you wish to start a new class, get a lawyer so in those battles, its the lawyers making the money as usual, and they will always tell you yes you can win this, which is what the other sides lawyer is also saying and who really wins, the bloody lawyers. In terms of income, we are in the shit, and even if the fees are increased which they have too, the sport is still the cheapest place in the world to race, for the level of service that is provided, and there is no other organization here in NZ that can do that

Semi-Pro Racer
    So get rid of the class's in question that are using the legal system to dispute these issues. Most of the sports lower echelons/branchs are tired of being the whipping post for the current state of affairs let alone the large group of potential spectators that have walked. Of course to do that the officials of MSNZ also need a reality check as well. I wonder how the COGs group actually managed to get a concensus , apparently MSNZ has a fairly substantial interest/shareholding in some of the club owned/operated circuits?, how do they 'for want of better wording on my part' vote on the issue when they essentially have a foot in both camps.

Semi-Pro Racer
    MSNZ have no share holdings in any clubs or circuits, and the agreement that was reached by the COG, was a bolt out of the blue and took even them by surprise, but I guess if you piss enough people off, you will eventually get a reaction, and it is about bums on seats here at the sharp end, and the dispute between the two factions had spilled over into the area of circuits revenue expectations so were maybe they were forced to act, I know a lot of people just stopped going to some of these meetings, so somthing needed to happen, which it now has, one just hopes that both sides can get their shit together, and front up on a grid again soon.
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    So get rid of the class's in question that are using the legal system to dispute these issues. Most of the sports lower echelons/branchs are tired of being the whipping post for the current state of affairs let alone the large group of potential spectators that have walked. Of course to do that the officials of MSNZ also need a reality check as well. I wonder how the COGs group actually managed to get a concensus , apparently MSNZ has a fairly substantial interest/shareholding in some of the club owned/operated circuits?, how do they 'for want of better wording on my part' vote on the issue when they essentially have a foot in both camps.

Semi-Pro Racer
    In reply to Racer Rog
    "There was a list published,and sent out to all clubs". There no doubt was Rog but the particular Club I pay membership fees to does not pass these on to it's members. This is a failing on the part of my Club. I suspect it is the same in most car clubs. I am just saying that since MSNZ have a website, would it not be a good idea for them to publish Remits on that website?
    "There is no other organization here in NZ that can do that."
    I take it you mean by that statement that there is no other body to administer motorsport? If that is indeed what you intended to say then you are absolutely correct. And therein lies the crux of the problem. MSNZ have tried desperately for many years to protect their monopoly on the administration of car racing. As new classes and new 'forms' of car competition have been introduced (e.g. Sporting Trials cars and the involvement of the Vintage Car Club NZ in speed events) MSNZ has taken the position that, if it involves cars and competition, they have the 'right' to impose their authority over those classes/organisations. I well remember some years ago 2 local competitors having their MANZ racing licences revoked because they had the audacity to go and race at the local speedway (administered by the "rival" ACU!).
    When you talk about lawyers and legal battles I assume you are talking about the V8 Supercars?
    If the V8 Supercar organisers (or anyone else for that matter) feel MSNZ are not meeting their needs, why should they have to submit to the "bully boy" tactics of MSNZ? And if MSNZ have to resort to legal action to try and impose their authority over a 'rival' group then, yes, it will cost them lots in legal fees. Which of course they will pass on to every sucker who is silly enough to subsidise their megalomania every time they pay their car club annual sub or enter an event.
    Last edited by rf84; 05-28-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rf84 View Post
    I well remember some years ago 2 local competitors having their MANZ racing licences revoked because they had the audacity to go and race at the local speedway (administered by the "rival" ACU!).

Think this might be an urban legend.
    MSNZ has no role in Speedway racing in NZ. Plenty of MSNZ members compete in Speedway as well as our events, and no one has ever had licences revoked.

When you talk about lawyers and legal battles I assume you are talking about the V8 Supercars?

No. Quite often it is competitors who want to challenge a ruling made by MSNZ officials, usually technical and sporting related.

to subsidise their megalomania... now I have heard it all!
    AAA

Opps. That's confusing. My answers are within the quote(s) above

Semi-Pro Racer
    If you read my post Crunch, I was referring to MANZ banning competitors who raced at speedway, not MSNZ. This happened in the early 1970's. I was talking to two of those involved just a day or two ago at the HB Rally "after match" and they confirmed that their MANZ licences were revoked.
    In more recent times MSNZ imposed a levy on all competitors to make up a large shortfall they incurred running a race series. If this is not an example of subsidisation what is it?

[QUOTE=rf84;41330]If you read my post Crunch, I was referring to MANZ banning competitors who raced at speedway, not MSNZ. This happened in the early 1970's. I was talking to two of those involved just a day or two ago at the HB Rally "after match" and they confirmed that their MANZ licences were revoked.
    QUOTE]

Hmmm, don't recall the likes of Steve & Rod Millen, Noel Goodwin, Jim Richards, Ron Kendall just to name
    a few of the Auckland group of that period, having any licence difficulties whilst competing in both speedway and MANZ events.
    However there were a few that fell foul of the Speedway Board of Control as I think it was called at the time for competing in "black track" speedway events organised by a rival group within the speedway promoters

It could be that these people were competing in these outlaw events and that the Speedway Board pulled their licences and then asked MANZ to abide by their ruling which they would then be bound to do.

I seem to recall that there was a black track out Kumeu way somewhere and again if I recall correctly the disputes between the promoters were settled in a short period of time and all was well once again.

I know that as a competitor I was informed about the ties between Speedway and Motorsport and how the penalties from one organisation rolled over to the other one and that we needed to ensure that we were competing in the correctly approved and licenced events or we could find our rights to competition compromised.

Think Kumeu was only a once off or couple meetings at local trotting track for sprint cars, (and was awesome to watch) and other was MereMere, think our mate Ray Wright was one to play there and fall foul, along with Barry B and others.

Semi-Pro Racer
    I apologise for "hijacking" this Thread which is titled '2014 AGCM'.
    In the (apparent) absence of any information from MSNZ themselves re agenda, remits etc and what subsequently transpired at Council Meeting, can anyone on TRS tell us what happened?
    When I looked on the website and searched the site for 'AGCM' the only result was the dates and venue for the 2013( i.e. last year's AGCM)!!!!!!

Belated congratulations Dale. You have been honoured in the UK...
    Name:  214_0531_01b.JPG
Views: 579
Size:  174.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Belated congratulations Dale. You have been honoured in the UK...
    Name:  214_0531_01b.JPG
Views: 579
Size:  174.3 KB
    Well done Ray and as my middle name is "Stephen" its appropriate the below tombstone has an "S" on it, and i notice the left side leg is bent the same side of my recent knee operation!! very well done my friend, LOL

You have fun up north in a warmer climate and on your annual cruse around the Mediterranean i'll look after motor-sport down here while you're away

Dale M

To tell the real truth Dale, when I was a babe, my parents lived with Dad's older sister - and me - on that particular Dale Avenue...

I read elsewhere (thanks Deb...) that one of our guys, Bryce Platt, was also honoured by MSNZ. Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap. Nice to see Eric Mallard also honoured.