Thread: 2014 MSNZ AGCM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    What do you want to know, there was a couple of things of minor interest, the COG told both sides of the v8 debacle to get a life and pull their heads in, and a motion to rejig MSNZ was lost, apart from that according to a well known blogger, we were just there for the food and drink, and it was no business as usual and those who were not there can now put their two bobs worth in and say " I told you so, and go on to explain how they could organise MSNZ on the back of a fag packet, so I guess thats it for another year, I will have to lose a bit of weight and get rid of the hang over, so I do it all again, RogerH said its his shout next time, RacerT is listing a old farm on trade me, and Nigel Russell is taking up painting old masters.
    Roger
    Roger

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    What do you want to know, there was a couple of things of minor interest, the COG told both sides of the v8 debacle to get a life and pull their heads in, and a motion to rejig MSNZ was lost, apart from that according to a well known blogger, we were just there for the food and drink, and it was no business as usual and those who were not there can now put their two bobs worth in and say " I told you so, and go on to explain how they could organise MSNZ on the back of a fag packet, so I guess thats it for another year, I will have to lose a bit of weight and get rid of the hang over, so I do it all again, RogerH said its his shout next time, RacerT is listing a old farm on trade me, and Nigel Russell is taking up painting old masters.
    Roger
    Roger
    Guess that means the future of NZ Motorsport hinges on the pending legislation to market cigarettes in 'plain pack' fashion . No help to me as a non-smoker or participant

Semi-Pro Racer
    Yea Jac, must be all smoke and mirrors
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Guess that means the future of NZ Motorsport hinges on the pending legislation to market cigarettes in 'plain pack' fashion . No help to me as a non-smoker or participant

Semi-Pro Racer
    Beats me why, in this day and age, MSNZ can't (or, more to the point, won't) publish a list of remits prior to the AGM and a summary of procedings afterwards. They take large sums of money off competitors in affiliation fees, levies and permit fees yet we have no apparent input into what happens at the AGCM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    There was a list published, and sent out to all clubs, and one thing that was apparent, they are not taking enough large sums of money off competitors, to be able to match the money which competitors are spending on lawyers to battle with MSNZ, who have to get their lawyers involved so not all wins are at flag fall, and if you wish to start a new class, get a lawyer so in those battles, its the lawyers making the money as usual, and they will always tell you yes you can win this, which is what the other sides lawyer is also saying and who really wins, the bloody lawyers. In terms of income, we are in the shit, and even if the fees are increased which they have too, the sport is still the cheapest place in the world to race, for the level of service that is provided, and there is no other organization here in NZ that can do that