Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mike Feisst Collection - Part 2

Yeah , totally agree Mark.

Thanks Mike for sharing these great historic photos.

Craig.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    This is the last batch for this part folks. Part 3 will follow in due course. Thanks again Mike.

Attachment 895 Mr Gay Cesario/ Abarth he imported from Italy

Attachment 898

Attachment 899

Attachment 896 Mr Alan Hamilton.in those years 'Porsche Australia'/Distributor

Attachment 897
    ...The 'red' Abarth was owned and raced by a real 'Italian' gentleman,Mr Gay Cesario,thats him in the 'Blue Race Suit',probably giving the fuel mixture scew the demon 'twist'!!!,Mr C, is still actively interested in motorsport to this very day,his 'Son',whom I'm Proud to call 'My Friend', Lucio, drove for Lancia factory Team at Le Mans,placing 5th Co/Driving with Pascaroli,racing is in this 'families' Blood!!!

...The gentleman with his head turned away from the Camera,in the bottom photo,pushing the Porsche,is Another Gentleman of the sport, Alan Hamilton of Porsche Australia Fame,in fact was instrumental in giving the 'Young' Lucio a 'Porsche Aust.Factory' drive along side Alfie Costanzo in the 'Pacific' style single seater series run here in Aust. in the 80's..........regards thunder427?MJ

To eliminate a little of the guesswork, the yellow #24 Begg FM2 in post #8 was a rent-a-drive by the Oregon driver Pierre Phillips, and in post #13, the #3 yellow and red machine is the Forsgrini of Mike Campbell, unusual in that it had a Ford 302 engine....which was very prone to overheating problems... we are very lucky to have a beautifully-coloured, detailed archive of these exciting times fall into our laps : thanks again to all concerned.

I remember the Fosgrini name alright, but couldn't have identified it myself. Yes they were exciting times and I guess thats why we are all still so enamoured with the sport.

Semi-Pro Racer
    [QUOTE=thunder427;1513]...The 'red' Abarth was owned and raced by a real 'Italian' gentleman,Mr Gay Cesario,thats him in the 'Blue Race Suit',probably giving the fuel mixture scew the demon 'twist'!!!,Mr C, is still actively interested in motorsport to this very day,his 'Son',whom I'm Proud to call 'My Friend', Lucio, drove for Lancia factory Team at Le Mans,placing 5th Co/Driving with Pascaroli,racing is in this 'families' Blood!!!

....spoke with Lucio today regarding this great Forum that .."would you believe it has a photo of your Dads Fiat Abarth,with the 'yellow' nose....and your dad's got his head in the engine bay, go to WWW." etc,etc.............phone rang sometime later....."Wow!!!what a great Site,just showed Dad the photo of his car,he nearly jumped out of his seat,do you know that Dad bought that Fiat just out side of Rome at a 'Hill Climb',purchased it 'on the spot',drove it straight home that day....some time later Dad decided to ship the Fiat and family to Melbourne /Aust,so we drove from Rome to Naples,some 4 to 5/hour drive, there was my Mum, Dad and my brother and sister and me and our belongings,all cramed in the 'Racecar',including some spares as we were shipping out from Naples on the same ship...boy !!I wished I Knew were that little car was today"????...........................Regards from the Cesario family/thunder427/MJ

Wow, thats great Myles! Thats such a neat little car, wouldn't it be great if they could track it down. I was divided between using that pic or the eventual Lotus one for the Home page image. Thats how cool I thought that car was.

Thats the sort of response that makes it so neat to publish these photos on the website. I always wonder if some of the original owners/drivers will catch up with them and share their experiences. It has obviously brought back some great memories for Gay Cesario and his family. It is also attracting a lot of attention to this website which will be great for all concerned and hopefully add further input to the Forums.

All those Australian photos were taken at the February 1967 Tasman meetings at Warwick Farm and Sandown Park.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 06-24-2011 at 11:42 PM.

re.gay cesario abarth

Great site!! As for dads Abarth Simca 1300,fond memories.I will ad to Miles Johnson's kind words and yes he's correct in saying that the Cesario family all of 5 of us travelled in this car from Rome to Naples on its way to Australia.Great memories!!!! seems like it was yesterday not 44 years ago.I will post a brief history on the vehicle i due course.Keep up the great work and keep those memories flowing...Lucio Cesario

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I believe this is the Hairpin at Warwick Farm?

Attachment 849

Attachment 852

Attachment 853

Attachment 850

Attachment 851
    ....Warwick Farm is correct,this cnr was known as 'Creek Cnr',which leads on to the 'Causeway' and across the Bridge...'CreekCnr' was 'famous' for the 'Phantom Bugler' who by the end of the day was more than a little of key!!!!!!!!!!! but very entertaining!...remember these were the days of 'Goodtimes',(just before .05 laws)we would buy one of those 'Galvinised/ American style rubbish Bins,then the group of..."I Could drive better than that with two flat tyres---MATE!!!....would arrive, with 'Ice and 'cans',pack them,layer at a time,smothering of 'chunky' ice, then another layer of cans..well you get the drift,(you were there??)........by the time we got towards the bottom layer we were under the impression that the 'Phantom' should get a record label contract.."ShIt!!He'S BlOoDy GwOOd Ya KnOw'!!!!!............while waiting for the Traffic to thin out ,we would have rubbish tin fights,squash the can with a couple of 'spectcular' body slams (how did I get so much bruising???!).and drive home..............another great day at the 'Farm'.."Hey !!who won the main race'????.."why ask me you were there tooooo, ya Mug!!??................Shit!!,I've got to catch a plane back to Melbourne!,how we going for time?????........regards thunder427/MJ///
    Last edited by thunder427; 06-26-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lcesario View Post
    Great site!! As for dads Abarth Simca 1300,fond memories.I will ad to Miles Johnson's kind words and yes he's correct in saying that the Cesario family all of 5 of us travelled in this car from Rome to Naples on its way to Australia.Great memories!!!! seems like it was yesterday not 44 years ago.I will post a brief history on the vehicle i due course.Keep up the great work and keep those memories flowing...Lucio Cesario
    Lucio, welcome to the site, its great to have you here. I hope you'll fill us in on some stories of your own impressive racing career, as well as that of your family. The Cesario family trip from Rome to Australia sounds like the ingredients for an incredible thread of its own! Do you have any idea what happened to your dads Abarth?

Ah Creek Corner - that was the one I remembered it as soon as I read it. Yes the boys seems to enjoy a can or three watching their motorpsport.

Truly amazed at the goldmine of history being posted here. Thanks to all for the effort.
    The rallycross pix are taken at the old HopuHopu army camp neat Taupiri where the Hamilton Car Club ran a type of grasstrack/ rallycross in the days before Mystery Creek. Except in this case the event is actually a stage of the 1973 Heatway Rally (the monster that used both islands). You can see the HDT Torana XU1 of Colin Bond in one of the pix and also I'm fairly sure the Monaro GTS which was driven by the author/journalist Evan Green.