Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1891

Thread: Images From My Past - Nigel Watts Collection

Nigel, nice to see some different cars.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    Nigel, nice to see some different cars.thanks
    My pleasure. I'm off to the Historic GP in Taupo next weekend so hopefully I'll get some good shots there.

1195#/4 - that mid engined Micra is a fantastic piece of kit! Great stuff as always Nigel.

World Champion
    Nigel,
    I am always impressed with your photography and I hope we get a chance to meet this weekend although you will probably chew my butt for bringing this up, but I always thought the TRS forum was for Historic Motor Racing and Motorsport History and the events and vehicles had to be at least from 20 years ago so when I see some of the photos here of much more recent years I get confused or did I miss something ?
    Ken Hyndman

Good point Ken, but the attraction of the site is that it isn't a narrow focus.

I emailed Steve very early on to see if pics I had taken out of NZ were acceptable. Obviously they were and I know there are now many overseas visitors to the site. A 20 year cut off would merely diminish the opportunities to see great photographs but those pics also serve to show people the sort of variety you can expect at a meeting these days.

It is no secret that the number of older cars out on track is slowly diminishing in several areas, as it gets more and more difficult (and expensive) to keep them running and as their values also rise.

The Roaring Season-About us

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Nigel,
    I am always impressed with your photography and I hope we get a chance to meet this weekend although you will probably chew my butt for bringing this up, but I always thought the TRS forum was for Historic Motor Racing and Motorsport History and the events and vehicles had to be at least from 20 years ago so when I see some of the photos here of much more recent years I get confused or did I miss something ?
    Ken Hyndman
    Ken agree with you about Nigel's photos, but the purpose of the forum,- taken from the About us tab on the front page of TRS says " The Roaring Season.com was created with the intention of building an international online community for enthusiasts of motorsport history, and modern day historic racing.

We encourage members to share their facts, figures, and photos with others, and to ask and answer technical questions and provide opinions on building cars for historic racing, including recommendations on parts and services.

For those who've built, or are building a car for historic racing, we want you to share your experiences and photos with others.

For those on the other side of the fence, who take an interest in historic racing as spectators, or as enthusiasts of motorsport history, share your thoughts, your photos, your experiences, your knowledge, no matter how big or small.
    "

Certainly photos from all over the world are enjoyed, including your large collection from the USA and other places outside of NZ.

Enjoy it all.. and I am sorry to be missing Taupo, wishing you all good weather,like we had at Hampton Downs, the weekend just gone.

Cheers

Roger D

and drive carefully, and unless on the track stay at the legal speed limit.

Name:  Pukekohe 1967 NZGP Mini, Anglia, A40 Police car .   CCI04092015 (2).jpg
Views: 231
Size:  164.2 KB