Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
Yor are right Rogered, it was the black car and it was raced before me by a mate Rod Downs ( he organized my drive) and Trevor McLean. Rod Downs and Wayne Thompson had North Shore Engine Reconditioners in Wairau Rd back then and did a lot of race work.
If you want to know what the rear looked like maybe Tony could tell you, he saw it a couple of times. (good bet that one).
The car did go to Bristow, and last time I saw it was at old Taupo track and I was having a good look and think the guy's must have wondered what is this nosey bugger up to, as funny looks so I just wondered off. Glad to hear it is still around and hopefully will see it one day.
I ran into Rod Downs at the festival and he finally paid up the bet we had from way back there.....the bet was who ever finished in front of the other won the prize and I have it in writing and signed. However I cant devulge the prize as it may offend some folk!! So Rod take ya hand off it and go and sit with the Vee Dub Coupe dreamer and try as you may....alter any pictures or videos you like...but remember the truth all ways prevails. Wanna come round and polish my trophys after you finished polishing your wands. With respect to my elders....Tony Rutherford.