Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Images From My Past - Nigel Watts Collection

Good stuff as always Nigel.

Yup, I was only there for Saturday practice and still spent most of Saturday afternoon and evening deleting and cropping - and still have to file them by make and add to the library. Only posted a few, generally of cars we don't see too often at HD.

Wishful thinking .................

Yes Dale, you do have room in your garage and it would look good parked next to your Mustang and it's a perfect colour match for your driving clobber too

Name:  IMG_3482.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  122.5 KB

Sunday pit shots

Name:  IMG_3467.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  137.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3468.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  135.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3472.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  147.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3473.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3474.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  146.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3475.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  142.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Yes Dale, you do have room in your garage and it would look good parked next to your Mustang and it's a perfect colour match for your driving clobber too

Name:  IMG_3482.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  122.5 KB
    I doubt he'd fit without cutting a hole in the roof for his head to stick out.

I just love this site I check in every day. So thanks to the owner of TRS. What an awesome day I had last Friday. I’m coming up 72 and after 3 years of getting my car going with advice from good people eg George Sheweiry (who freely passes on his hard earned knowledge) I was out there.

I took my car out first run in the wet at Hampton Downs slipping and sliding. Just an awesome day! I’m still buzzing.

The point of me saying this is I have two funerals this week, one a good friend of mine. Just want to encourage others to have a go and take inspiration from the likes great Kenny Smith and get out and have a go.
    OK now I want one of those Nascar motors.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I doubt he'd fit without cutting a hole in the roof for his head to stick out.
    They have the 'Gurney Bump' option for just that reason, actually once you get in one its amazing how much headroom there is, bigger problem area is the stomach clearance factor, Dale doesnt appear to have that issue... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    They have the 'Gurney Bump' option for just that reason, actually once you get in one its amazing how much headroom there is, bigger problem area is the stomach clearance factor, Dale doesnt appear to have that issue... yet.
    Can always cut my head off LOL don't worry Jac Mac the stomach is getting there

Sure was a great event on the weekend and thanks for the great pictures Nigel Watts. I saw you for a moment, turned around and you were gone, buggar.

World Champion
    Dale,
    Perhaps we should get this steering wheel installed then I could at least sit in it like Jac Mac.
    Name:  Steering wheel.# 1.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  42.4 KB

Wonderful photos Nigel.
    I need to get you into Laguna Seca in August.
    p.s. I am not sure I paid my last Dr. visit with your dad so perhaps I owe you some accommodation !

(Ken H)
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 01-17-2017 at 01:29 AM.

I am into the shower and then heading south to be at Hampton Thursday morning to do something i have not done for a very long time. The gentleman who owns this nice Falcon has talked me into seeing if i can fit in it, and if that is all good then take it for some fun laps, i feel very privaliged to be doing this, and after all this time, a little excited also.
    John has done an amazing job getting all the cars and owners together again, good crew and neat cars and i am looking forward to the chance to meet and have fun with them all again.

PS I WILL fit in to it. I have a L plate for back window.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Semi-Pro Racer
    The second shot in post 525 #57 is the Thompson Ford owned and driven by a friend of mine, Barry Bates, from Newcastle NSW. It is a copy of a Lola.
    Dale.

Thanks for your kind comments Ken.

Laguna Seca is a very tempting thought - I'm trying to think up ways that I can convince my missus that it's imperative that I attend!!!

Love em or hate em, the E30's provide some very close racing.

Name:  IMG_3706.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  133.6 KB