Thanks for the support guys. It's appreciated. What happened happened. I'm not looking for an apology but rather an undertaking that before they make such arbitrary decisions someone actually goes down to the area and has a think about it. Yes it was the truck race but the laws of physics apply to trucks as well as cars etc. A large heavy truck travelling at speed isn't going to turn as well as a car, so I believe it's possible to stand near a corner and make an informed judgement as to whether you're safe or not, then add a bit more. There are plenty of places in that area where you can stand in absolute safety. Of course there is always a risk, if there wasn't motor racing would be boring wouldn't it. When you look back at the history of motorsport and see the photos that were taken back in the day we appreciate that those photographers got themselves into positions to capture the action up close. When I sign the photographers waiver I know and accept that I am responsible for my own safety. Ray, thanks for the kind offer. I can't attend as my daughter is leaving for her OE next week and we're having a family dinner on Saturday night, but thanks anyway. Finally, to put a smile on your face, I wonder why Motorsport NZ don't sound an air raid siren when a plane takes off and flies over the pits.