Page 19 of 96 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Images From My Past - Nigel Watts Collection

Note John Caultons name on screen, he had the mid engined Marina Sports sedan for awhile, last i heard he had a gym and was raffling the car back in early 90s when i visited on a work trip passing through. What ever happened to the car and Mr Caulton

He had Graham Parkes Marina changed the motor ..was in the 87 north island team north v south never seen again !!

Hey Rod when you gone stop off .have a spare lazeboy and over 100 vidios to sort..

Yes Warren he does. I have his phone number in my dairy. I'll give him a buzz and send them on to him. He still does the odd race event in it too.

QUOTE=SPS;9961]Hi Mike

Throught these shots would be of interest.Does Dennis Bristow still own the car today.

Regards
    Warren[/QUOTE]

Weekend Warrior
    Would he sell it??

Apparently not. We've left our number with him though.

I will catch up Jim, and look forward to a cuppa

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Think that is Mr Bromley in the Bandag Falcon. He had a very quick Forrest Green (i think) XCGT Falcon before this car. And i think a purple XBGT before that. This car did not perform as well as the XB or XC.

Yep I think you right Rod....he was the Andersons brother in law by memory. The purple XB he crashed and thrashed it but it came to every meeting looking immaculate. Had a sun roof in it as well. The car following George Sheweiry is Veen Smith in the Torana L34 prior to him racing the Commodore that was ex Wellington winner....(Francevic/Morton?) I see the late Trevor McLean in this set of pix as well......these pictures are a credit to you. Thank you very much for sharing....Kind regards, Tony Rutherford.

Nigel I would just like to add to the thanks for some amazing photos and they sure jolt the memory.
    The Jag is the ex Silcock-Millen car, I can not recall the guy's name it was driven very well by him.
    Monaro is John Learmonth i think.
    Note the Aquajets on the Commodore they were the trick back then, shave them and go.
    Ok here we go....the Capri number 23 behind George Sheweiry is none other than Terry O'Brien. 302 V8 that hoisted the front wheels on the tight corners. The ex Millen Jag is driven by Clive Gott of Birkenhead. (he lived next door to me in Chatswood Auckland three doors down from John Morton...) Correct that is John Learmonths Monaro....John gave me this car to drive at Taupo to try and cohearse me into a V8.....(thanks John)....it worked a couple of years later....the Commodore is the same car that Veen Smith owns now. Ex Francevic/Morton. And a bit further back is Chris Toms rapid Turboed Ford Laser. Prior to Driving his imported red Postal Group A XR3 Rouse car.....He later moved on to Tranzam Camaro until a back marker that he was lapping made the cardinal sin by not staying in the same position as Chris was overtaking him at warp 9. The front of that car just clipped Chris's Camaro and barrel rolled him out of motorsport. Hope this help i.d. some of these. Kindest regards, Tony Rutherford.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
    Yep I think you right Rod....he was the Andersons brother in law by memory. The purple XB he crashed and thrashed it but it came to every meeting looking immaculate. Had a sun roof in it as well. The car following George Sheweiry is Veen Smith in the Torana L34 prior to him racing the Commodore that was ex Wellington winner....(Francevic/Morton?) I see the late Trevor McLean in this set of pix as well......these pictures are a credit to you. Thank you very much for sharing....Kind regards, Tony Rutherford.
    OOPs ......Bromley wasnt related to the Andersons....it was Midgley.....(sorry...)

Yor are right Rogered, it was the black car and it was raced before me by a mate Rod Downs ( he organized my drive) and Trevor McLean. Rod Downs and Wayne Thompson had North Shore Engine Reconditioners in Wairau Rd back then and did a lot of race work.
    If you want to know what the rear looked like maybe Tony could tell you, he saw it a couple of times. (good bet that one).
    The car did go to Bristow, and last time I saw it was at old Taupo track and I was having a good look and think the guy's must have wondered what is this nosey bugger up to, as funny looks so I just wondered off. Glad to hear it is still around and hopefully will see it one day.
    I ran into Rod Downs at the festival and he finally paid up the bet we had from way back there.....the bet was who ever finished in front of the other won the prize and I have it in writing and signed. However I cant devulge the prize as it may offend some folk!! So Rod take ya hand off it and go and sit with the Vee Dub Coupe dreamer and try as you may....alter any pictures or videos you like...but remember the truth all ways prevails. Wanna come round and polish my trophys after you finished polishing your wands. With respect to my elders....Tony Rutherford.

Come on it was "you will not lap me" not finish. Now about polishing things, start with your act fella and show respect to young Jim.
    (might catch you next week, down for a meeting)

World Champion
    The Yellow Celica following the Williams Alfetta would that be the Bellis/Coppins Celica?

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Barry Sharp Falcon

Attachment 950
    Barry Sharp Falcon, the last 2 years at Lakeside

Name:  P1020853.JPG
Views: 962
Size:  175.0 KB

Name:  P1010953.JPG
Views: 991
Size:  137.9 KB

Last time I saw #26 was at Puke in '08

Name:  3140160567_57bea071bf_o.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  119.0 KB

Wow as usual Nigel a beautiful clear photo, almost makes me feel like I am there on the day. George.

More Pro 7's from Mid-Summer Thunder

Name:  IMG_3913 copy.JPG
Views: 833
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3912 copy.JPG
Views: 778
Size:  149.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3917 copy.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  136.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3918 copy.JPG
Views: 779