Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1891

Thread: Images From My Past - Nigel Watts Collection

Just like to say Thanks Nigel for the great pics of the Merc at Taupo - neat to see what the setup looks like from outside the car.....Cheers,Reece

Love the Historic GP pics. Was it a good weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Love the Historic GP pics. Was it a good weekend?
    Steve, I only attended the Saturday event. It was HOT and noisey. The noise was GOOD but the heat I could have done without. Some of the grids were a little light on entrants but we take what we can get and are grateful to those that continue to support the sport.

Can someone explain what the story was with the Hampton Downs meeting this past weekend, that was two days and then one.
    Last edited by Allan; 01-22-2018 at 03:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Reeceracer View Post
    Just like to say Thanks Nigel for the great pics of the Merc at Taupo - neat to see what the setup looks like from outside the car.....Cheers,Reece
    Cheers Reece. Love seeing your car out on the track. It looks and sounds great. I also remember your little blue Imp with the enlarged heart.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Cheers Reece. Love seeing your car out on the track. It looks and sounds great. I also remember your little blue Imp with the enlarged heart.
    Yep, I've just pulled that out of the shed after 31/2 years.....Now I've got the Merc racing the plan is to give the Imp a birthday and get it out there as well. Time and money.........;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Can someone explain what the story was with the Hampton Downs meeting this past weekend, that was two days and the one.
    The programme was all done and dusted Saturday so nothing Sunday. Too few race groups for a two day meeting.

I went down to find an empty track Sunday, but the positive side has to be that the hard working marshals and officials had a Summer day off!

I had the Sunday at HD marked on my calender but after spending hours in the sun in Taupo on Saturday, I decided to give the Revival a miss. Just as well because I would have been really pissed off if I had driven all the way up from Tauranga to find an empty circuit!!