Folks, I've had a request pertaining to the restoration of the DeKon Monza chassis 1005. This was the fifth car produced by the Lee Dykstra/Horst Kwech combination for American road racing.

DeKon 1005 was purchased by Allan Moffat in late 1975, to compete in Australian Sports Sedan competition. I believe Moffat may have raced it once in the US before it was shipped to New Zealand on its way to its new home in Australia. In New Zealand it raced at the Bay Park Xmas event in December 1975, then again at the Lady Wigram event in January 1976.

It was then shipped to Australia, where Moffat was required to have it fitted with 10" wide wheels as per Australian Sports Sedan regulations. It competed throughout the inaugural 1976 Australian Sports Sedan Championship, with Moffat switching between it and his Capri RS3100 to win the Championship. Moffat also raced it in selected rounds of the 1976 Marlboro $100,000 Series.

With Ford coming back to support Moffat in his touring car efforts for 1977, the Monza, being a Chevy, was parked, until 1979, after Ford had withdrawn from racing once again. Moffat raced the Monza in Sports Sedan competition throughout 1979 and 1980, before it was sold to Paul Jones. The car is now back in the US, undergoing restoration.

Can anyone help with photos of the car, both interior, engine bay, underneath, and exterior that can help with the restoration? Both NZ, Aussie, and even US photos would be greatly appreciated. No matter what the quality of the image, it could be useful, so please post here, or email me so I can post: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Name:  Slide003.jpg
Views: 3318
Size:  128.4 KB

Name:  photo004.jpg
Views: 2596
Size:  131.3 KB

Name:  photo002.jpg
Views: 2752
Size:  124.2 KB