Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
Am loving there stories guys, keep them coming.....
...lets give this site a little 'Class'...Lets refer to these establishments as 'USED' car yards......I grew up in the 'Used Car World' in Christchurch,the heady days of 'No 1/2 Deposit', just a 100 down,jump in,drive away....!

My Father with his Business partner had an establishment on Ferry Road,Christchurch,called 'Merlyn Motors'..(MERven/LYNdsay) "Do A Great Deal Better" was thier catch phrase......Where to start ,,so Many great Moments.......I would get to go to the yard on a Saturday or School Holidays as long as the lawns were mowed with out having to be told and my 'Room' sustained a reasonable lever of sanitry......read, Bed Made most mornings!!!

I'm sitting in my fathers office and a Wolsley/Police car park's out the front,I noticed the Officer walk past the showroom and go next door to the Caravan builders....suddenly out comes my Dad with a Trolly Jack,Merv's got 2 'Besa' Bricks in hand and they proceed to jack up the police car,slipping the two bricks under the rear axel,down with the jack,rear wheels 1inch of the ground....I'm in "Shock'!!!..Dumb struck!!!,mean time they are beside themselves with laughter,hiding in the back of the showroom waiting for the 'Said' officer to return..given time, back he comes,looks 'left and right' marches around,unlocks the drivers door, slides in,hits the ignition...by this time the show room crowd as swollen to about 5,they are rolling around ,busting thier sides,,all I can think of is My 'crazy' Dad going to jail....well PC plod selects 1st gear,indicates his intentons to merge.....well the 'showroom' is a 'Roar' now.....out with the Clutch..nothing happens,door opens,out climbs the PC,scratching his head,thinking,..."I Drove it in here"..............!!!

Well, now its just too funny, the 5 spill out on to the foot path just as the Caravan builder comes to inspect the 'lack of forward motion...................the whole thing was accepted in the Good Humour' of the time....and No my Father didn't have to go to jail
..............regards thunder427/MJ.............'great thread ,AMCO72...(more to come!!,naming names!)