Does anyone remember Henry Philips. He had a small yard down by the lake in Rotorua. He was a keen Jaguar man and was always involved in the JDC rallies at the long weekends at Easter. Henry bought and sold a number of interesting sports cars so I suppose we could say he had motorsport connections. At one stage he had a very nice 1960 MK1 2.4 Jaguar saloon which didnt exactly have much performance and is universally decried by the Jaguar brigade as 'not being a proper Jag'. Well, maybe, but my Dad had one in the early sixties and, no it didnt have the get-up-and-go of a 3.4 but it was a very sweet and comfy touring car. I must be the only person who likes them because they all seem to have disappeared, not been thought of as collectable. my Dads car was bought by Christchurch business man Ron Barrow and my Dad was its second owner......was pale blue and was the first 2.4 sold by Archibolds in 1959. Hope it has been saved and restored by someone. Getting back to Ron Barrow, he was clearly a bit of an entrepreneur as he had imported the XK120C that I bought some years later from Des Wild. Ron had tried his hand at racing the XK, but was so shocked when he wore out a set of tyres at one Wigram meeting that he retired then and there!!